Is it normal that this bothers me?

That I hate that she is prettier than me? I work with a 45 year old lady, just me and her for over a year now. I'm 25. Well she is prettier than me, skinnier and she use to be a model. Anyways, I didn't think too much about how pretty she was until I started to notice that she gets all the compliments and I get none. I'm not ugly, look at my pic but its almost like her looks outshine mine to where she gets told she is attractive by the men. She's Hispanic and I'm black. The men are older around her age but its not just them commenting, they also give her the second look and looks like they look right through me. Is it normal that I'm a little jealous?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, of course it's normal. Maybe guys think they have a better chance with her since she's closer to their age? Maybe she's more outgoing on the job whereas you're more introverted? I wouldn't take it personally- you're really pretty and I am sure you get a lot of looks.

• She is more outgoing but she has a prettier face. My body looks better than hers because she is skinny with no ass and avg boobs but before she even opens her mouth, the men just look at her like she is the most beautiful thing on earth and it bugs me because I'm used to feeling pretty when I'm out but when I'm with her, its like she's the only pretty one and I just don't know what they see when they see me because they don't seem a bit attracted. Introvert? no I speak, very nice she just has more personality

What Guys Said 2

• "The men are older. Around her age."

If you were the oldest one there at 25 & if these guys were giving you the double take I'll bet you would be saying I work with these old pervert guys.

It's not they don't see you there staying in their own age group.

So what's wrong with that?

• I think that's part of it but also I think sitting next to her that I don't look pretty to them because she is prettier and not blk like me and her hair is longer so it makes her look sexier. She is prettier than me and I hate because I know I look pretty too but they never give me a compliment. I have to watch her get them all and it makes me a bit jealous, kinda makes me not like her. She can put just a little makeup on and she is prettier than me and I can put on more and be pretty but she still outshines

• That's normal, but try not to worry about it.

What Girls Said 2

• U should see my mom she just had twins a month ago and she looks in better shape then the kids I go to school with.

• Yes looks make a guy look... but I don't think that is the only reason to make a guy take a second glance.She has the attitude. She knows how to portray her confidence to men around her which gets attention. I know because I am not a bad looking girl. I am tall and skinny. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but I have a nicer face and body then my friend but she gets all the attention. The reason is because she has the confidence in herself... whereas I tend to hide and not get noticed.

• Thats true but they look at her like she is so beautiful before she even opens her mouth. She is tall like 6'2, long black hair, thin like a model, pretty eyes catlike, she just has an exotic look to her, more classy look cause of her age, skin is lighter because she is hispanic and I think those are the factors to why she gets all the compliments.

• Ya, some people are just blessed with the amazing looks... you just have to try to love yourself.