I have been talking to this guy for a year now and I have feelings for him.

Do you think I should tell him or keep it a secret...?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok I'm going through this exact same thing now, I told this girl I had some kind of feelings for her and after a year of enjoying one anothers company, I'm like I don't exsist anymore, and its such an awful/ sad experience.

If you have a good close f/ship then you should be able to talk about how you feel and not really loose the f/ship, if they can't handle what you said and decide to walk away then what kind of friend is that in the 1st place?

If you like this bloke then tell him, but do bare in mind there is a chance he doesn't feel the same and it may alter your f/ship. Even tho it appears I haven't managed to keep my f/ship with this girl (and yeah I do miss talking to her) I had to tell her how I felt, there is nothing worse than plodding along thinking "what if", if he says yes he feels the same then great, if not then you know where you stand and at least you were honest and told him how you felt about him, you can then move on knowing you don't have to live with the "what if" anymore.

Its a gamble like everything in life!

What Guys Said 2

• Talk to him.

• my short answer is yes if you don't think he will be a jerk if he says he doesn't feel the same

What Girls Said 2

• Please consider a couple things first:

1) If you tell him then the dynamic of the relationship will change.

2) Can you handle it if he doesn't reciprocate your feelings?

3) It might scare or weird him out. It could impact the relationship or end it possibly.

I was in this situation not too long ago. I decided to tell him I liked him, I wasn't in love with him at all. He was VERY weirded out and did pull away from me for awhile. I backed off, he came around and our friendship is back on track. That is fine because I knew I f***ed up when I told him. I almost lost a good friend. I will NEVER do it again.

Good luck!

• If you think he may have feelings for you, than I would say tell him. If you don't know than just question around what he wants in a relationship and things like that. Second, if you do tell him, the friendship you have with him, will change. If you are ready to risk and take a chance on it, go ahead it could be very good. But on the other hand if he doesn't feel the same way as you do it could ruin or make him feel uncomfortable too.