Is no contact appropriate? Whether I choose to reconcile or end it for good?

I Broke up with Girlfriend May 2009, did everything to get her back. She said that she didn't trust me, let me linger for 1 year as a "friend". We didn't act like "friends" though, and there was always a closeness from our 5 year relationship.

She Moved to NYC from PA in April 2010. Said that we would still be close together and possibly reconcile in the Winter.

She Slowly drifted apart from me. June 9, 2010 she basically told me that she wanted to hang out with other people, and guys.

I told her that I would not be calling her anymore. and that I can't be her friend. She should let me just go away, and maybe in the future talk again.

I changed my phone number and began avoiding her at all costs.

Monday- She sent me an email reply for something irrelevant

Tuesday-She sent me a forward for something stupid.

Wednesday-I saw her mother riding around my area, since her mother has a new job near my house.

And I received an e-mail from my ex saying," You changed your phone number, I guess you don't want to talk to me. I understand. I just wanted to say Hi and say good luck on new job."

I haven't had contact with her. and I don't plan on it. I respect her need to live her life, especially in NYC since I am in PA for now. I believe that I need to just back up and see what happens. Is this a legit plan? If she returns humbled and looking for me, how long should I stay away, and not give her my new phone number?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Just continue to ignore if she really cares she will be begging. Honestly it will probably be too late by the time that happens its one of those things you never know what you have till its gone. I am in a similar situation and it sucks I understand but you have to put her in the back of your mind and start totally focusing on you because that seems to be what she is doin. Some people are just selfish but after time I feel like she will get with someone who treats her just the same and she will get to thinkin damn I really messed up and might even message you about it but there again regret has no time which sucks I feel for ya. Find something to keep you busy I have drowned myself in work and enjoying my child but you know what life is better.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• You are doing the right thing by not contacting her. Just move on to other women. Never contact her again for any reason. Stay strong. Just be sure that next time you don't try to be "friends" with a woman before or after a relationship.

• If you want to move on and find new partners break all contact, otherwise you can't really get over her and move on, you end up geting tempted either, fwb, or relatioships that come and go until she meets someone else she like more then when that ends comes back to you etc becasue its safe, comfy etc...