This is for Divorced men and women. How do you pick up the pieces and move on?

I've been married for 18 years. I have come to terms with the marriage being over. I just feel completely lost. What did you do to make yourself feel better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't do anything. It just took time for me to first be okay. Then it grew from there. It took roughly 3 years for the scars to heal.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got divorced three years ago at 50, after 13yrs of marriage. It took some time to get over it because it wasn't what I wanted, even though I filed. Just focus on you and lean on your friends. Find yourself and you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 2

• I wasn't married as long as you (only 6 years), but I took it one day at a time. Tried to hangout with friends more. Went out and did new things. Threw myself into hobbies. And sometimes I just laid in bed and cried tbh. but eventually it hurt less, I missed him less, and I started being happy once in a while. Then I started to be ok and was happier more often. It just takes a bit of time and distracting yourself.

• I'm sorry for your situation. I may be young, but I suggest taking time out to heal, surround yourself with friends, maybe take a road trip with any guy friends? You will be ok, and you'll heal and get through it. Good luck sir

What Guys Said 2

• Educating yourself about the realities of marriage, relationshits, and female nature and psychology help a lot.

Getting a girlfriend that's younger than your former stepdaughter doesn't hurt either. Neither does getting one even younger than that one was, three years later.

Just push on bro. Do activities that you enjoy. Push yourself at work and in the gym. Spend more time with your friends (your actual friends... you know, the men that were there for you during the frivorce). Go fishing. Travel. Fish during your travels.

Most importantly, don't ever even consider getting married again. You've regained your freedom, do not sell yourself into slavery again. Marriage is a scam; you fell for it once because you were naive. If you fall for it again, it's a lack of intelligence and an inability to learn.

• I was married 17 years but knew it was over before that, it's not easy and takes time, probably the roughest thing I ever went through but could have been worse if we didn't do it amicably and having kids together is what makes it so hard. After it's all over there is a lot of relief but you will have your sad moments