If I break up with him... he might kill himself?

So.. I've been planning on dumping this guys.. we haven't been dating for long lol... like 2weeks but it didn't take me long to realise that he was way to clingy and acted like a dad instaid of a boyfriend. So i was planning on dumping him tomorrow. But, today he randomly texted me "can we talk" and told me about how he tried to kill himself last year... this came out of nowhere. I have no fucking clue what to do because what if he kills himself when i brake up with him. he said i made the last few weeks "barbell" IM MISERABLE. please how can i dumb him in a delicate way? pls like type out a paragraph i could tell him. I need someone pls. IM SCARED FOR HIM. i could never live with myself HELPPPP PLEASEEEE

310

Most Helpful Guy

• Make sure that his family and friends are keeping a close eye on him. Break up with him but tell him that he can still talk to you when he feels depressed.
    The best thing to do is to make distance from him slowly and make sure the people around him are monitoring him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to me when I say, you are NOT responsible for any actions he takes after you break up. You should never stay with someone you don't want to be with just because you fear they may harm themselves. You need to do what's best for you and it's not fair to yourself (or to him) to stay together when you don't really want to.

You just have to tell him that you don't think it's working out and that you think you should break up. There's really no other more 'delicate' way of saying it. If he tells you that he will hurt himself, then at that point you need to tell an adult. You can tell either his parents, the guidance counselor at school, etc. so he can get the professional help he needs.

What Guys Said 9

• That s just a lie insecure freaks how guys say to make a girl stay with them. Break up with him and be the bigger person and be like. Your life is in your hands not mine sweetie. Take care of yourself. Bye

• Talk to his family talk to his friends let them know whats going to happen let them be there for him, and you need to break it if this is how you feel, sooner rather than later

• Talk to one of his family members. He is just a big baby.
    He won't kill himself, he is just trying too keo you to himself at all costs.
    It's your choice if you are going to let him make fool of you, or you are going to take a stand for yourself.

• Just dump him.

• Dont let him make you pity the fool. He has the issues not you.. Now if you dont break it off from him, I may not live another 3 days!! Please dont make me die...

• Don't break up with him.

• as much as i don't want to hurt him. I need to be happy. this is making me miserable

• Break up with him, let him just off the sidewalk for all you care!

• Contact a suicide hotline and ask them.

• Just brake up with him but show the texts of "suicide wishes" to his parents before you dump him

• I will, but i don't know his parents and he said he told his dad and his dad laughed...

• He said it on snap... it didn't save i don't know what to do

• Well to be honest teachers at school can be a great solution since a vast majority of them probably at least knows someone who can help this guy. Otherwise there's nothing much you can do about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Call the police and tell your parents. He's just trying to manipulate you and that's unacceptable. Call his bluff and call the police.

• This. I can't agree with this more. This is coming from a guy that was very suicidal after a break up. It's manipulation and nothing more than a last pathetic attempt to try win a girl back

• @themoogle kudos to you for getting to a better place bro

• Im sorry but I've been in that situation before and from experience they just say that to guilt you into staying
    Anything he does, its by his own choice. Nothing to do with you.
    And you need to do whats best for you.
    If he was really suicidal he'd have done it by now rather than talking about it.