What should I do about us?

So basically me and my boyfriend have been together for about a month and a half now. I just found out that after this semester I have to transfer schools and I have to move away. So we talked today about everything, but it's like he just shot the idea of going long distance down immediately. I mean I know we've only been together for a short time, but he just seems worth it. Anyways I'm still going to be here for the next 1.5 months of school and then also a while in the summer and he said that we should make the most of our time together. Is it wrong for me to be mad at him and not want anything to do with him? Should I just break up with him now or wait? He also said we should stay friends, but it's just painful seeing him but not being able to be together. What should I do, should I just cut him off? Also what should I think.. is he an asshole for not even trying long distance with me and then not even calling me today to see if I was okay? I'm just very lost and would like some advice.
What should I do about us?
Add Opinion