Should you trust a guy when he says he has no social media?

Most Helpful Guy

• By that he could also mean he has social media that he made for the sake of making one that he never updated or used.

I'm in the same boat to be honest. I have an old Facebook that I made in middle school and a twitter. But I never ever put anything on them or updated anything, it was just a different way to communicate with friends at a younger age. I stopped using them partway into high school as all you see are random posts by acquaintances about them doing something random, sports moments, vines/funny videos, food tutorials, and videos of amazing people/children in the world and the most prominent of all; fake news.

He could just be using programs like Skype/Discord or any similar alternatives to communicate with a close friend group.

As for the trust issue, it has nothing to do with whether he has a social media account or not and everything to do with how he behaves and how reliable he can be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why that's a big deal. I'm not that active on social media to the point of pretty much being none. No twitter or instagram. Haven't been on Facebook in months. What about not having social media makes someone untrustworthy? I can understand if it comes with other red flags like someone always hiding their phone or lying about things they're doing, but by itself it's not that weird.

What Guys Said 24

• I don't have social media cause I just wasn't exposed to that crap. I don't understand the concept of taking a picture of your food or where you've been and having people you don't know see that.

I don't get why I need to be restricted to 140 characters to explain something, or why my number of friends on facebook shows how cool I am. I hate texting - I'd rather call someone or see them to tell them what I want to say to them.

If that makes me untrustworthy, then I should run for office.

• Not always but in some cases you can. I don't use any social media in terms of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (or any others that I've missed). I have used them all at one point or another but never with any conviction and I never uploaded much content. They just weren't for me at all. I'm not interested in social preening.

• it's just social media

• Yes, I don't have social media, if I do I don't use it much. All I have is facebook and Snapchat, which I only used Snapchat once in the past 2 months and used Facebook incense in the past month. So you can trust him

• Well most women and men can easily cheat on their spouse or girlfriend with these dating sites, so him not having social media is a good thing.

Let's be honest more women and men on social media have the capability cheat than a guy who isn't aware of social media.

• Yes I met a lot of people who just don't use social media or have it because of various reasons

• Nothing wrong with that. That shites brainwashing and socially conditioning folk anyway. I've never bothered. I grew up in a time when a friend was a guy you chatted with and done things with regularly not some fuckin idiot you saved onto your computer. There was nothing back then, no net, no mobile phones, 4 channels on tv. We made our own fun and we had a community not a bunch of individual arseholes who's only thing in common is that they live in the same area.

• Yes. I'm in your age group and I don't have Facebook, Twitter, MySpace from back in the day 😂. I mean I do have my account for Facebook yet but I don't go on ever. Lots of people have gotten away from it.

• I don't trust a girl when she says she has no social media 😂

That backfires pretty quickly. Lol 😆

• He might just be a person that doesn't use social media. I don't really use it either. I'd rather go out with friends than Facebook with friends

• I don't have social media accounts they are just drama. it caused to many problems so I don't go on it. plain and simple.

• You should believe him as i dont have social media just whatsaap i mean is it bad to not be on social media

• i have no social media because it can't be trusted. why people feel the need to live their lives as open books is beyond me.

believe it or not, but its actually a fairly recent phenomenon and those of us aged 30+ dont really see the benefits.

• some don't. what's not to trust?

• Not sure

• Normally, it is difficult to accept it but yes there are people around me who doesn't have even email id lol.

• Yes! I didn't have any social media until junior year of college. I only have Twitter now. He just doesn't want to put info out there or let it be an option for him

• I deleted all of mine and just found this app today. I don't see why not... Some guys are wise to the bullshit of having social media accounts. Almost everyone I know, both male and female that are involved have trust related issues yet refuse to get rid of the cause, yep, social media. lol

• Yes.

• yup. .

• Yes, I don't have a any social media account, and it's a relief for me and other around me.

• Actually, you shouldn't trust anyone who has a social media account.

Anyone who puts it all out there for the public to see is naive.

• never trust a guy hun 😂😂😘

• yes? that's not necessarily a red flag for anything. Lots of people choose to stay away from social media now days, myself included. But i'm not too weird of a guy :D

What Girls Said 8

• yeah. some people aren't into social media. they find it boring or have no interested in it whatsoever. if he seems like the type to be on the computer/phone all day than yeah i'd have some trust issues cause it's like what are you doing then? lol

• I do trust some because their behavior confirms what their tongue utters.

• It's not in uncommon. People have a variety of reasons why they don't have social media. In my line of work, I don't have it... I've deactivated a lot of mine.

• Some people tried it and stoped using it. Or he might have account/s and never logs in.
    If you really don't trust it, search for him online.

• it depend on if he's trustworthy or not basically that's what it comes down to

• thats when you unleash your googling abilities and go find out for yourself

• no you shouldn't. I've had that told to me before, and it was a complete lie to get stuff out of me that shouldn't have been out

• Not everybody is into social media, my sister for example only has an email and got it like what last year? She's 23