What about a 17 year old girl and a 30 year old man?

146

Most Helpful Girl

• 12 years older... disgusting, illegal (depending where you live) morally wrong.. well plain out wrong.
    she doesn't have the maturity level to be with a 30 year old guy (it would be different if she was in her 20's and was darinf5 someone 12 years older because she would have a better understanding and maturity level emotionally and mentally

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends in what state they are in. The age of consent is 16 in some states. But if they really love and care for each other then wait til she is 18 and legal adult.

What Girls Said 13

• I say wait until she's legal or/and out of high school. And watch for red flags in older guys, and all guys in general really, so you know who to avoid, listen to the parents rules if you live under their house, follow all those guidelines and that's how you avoid A LOT of trouble, I speak from experience.

Other than that, I believe as long as both parties are of legal age and consenting, and voided all the red flags, then it's okay, not a huge deal. At that point their success depends on them as an individual couple. Not all older guys who may date younger women are creeps, but they are A LOT out there, so she needs to be aware that fact.

I'm only 3 years older than her and I am dating a 30 year old. One thing i've learned so far, because I was cautious about the age things too at first, is that once a person has the qualities of a great character, then their age becomes just as shallow as their race. You are more open minded and date the person for the character that you appreciate and you "forget" their age.

• No no no
    17 year old girl does not have the mental maturity or even emotional maturity to be with a guy who is in his 30s.

• thanks I really felt alone with my opinion on this topic

• the 17 year old girl is a friend, she meet this guy on badoo or some shit
      the guy is 30 but he told her to say he's 25
      I'm trying to give her advice but she's not lessening

• Yeah, she needs to be off that app

• there's such a difference in mentality and maturity that it's near destined to lead to abuse. I don't see why any 30 year old man would want to date a teenager anyways. I'm 21 and I wouldn't even date a 19 year old.

• What about pedophilia?

• the same thing is in it?

• @JoJi_X I do have morals if you really read my opinion to this question. I said she needs to wait until she's legal, graduates secondary school if she still in, if she lives with her parents follow their rules, and watch out for red flags that I realize now I should've listed because the red flags are important in filtering out the good from the parasitic. I still follow those red flags to this day and they don't have to just apply to older guys, they apply to any guy you date. As I'm dating a 30 year old who is amazing, I don't regret dating him at all. You are acting like I said "JUST DO IT". Like no, i'm actually giving her advice as a person who's done it before so she won't make the same mistakes and run into trouble. Maybe she'd want to hear advice from someone who's been there. So how are you going to tell me I don't have morals? I don't question your morals as her friend, so don't question mine when I'm trying to AT LEAST give her advice just like you are, even it's different

• you're right and I'm sorry for what I say I wasn't even thinking straight because of how much this shit is affecting me sorry
      I just know men this guy's up to no good I can see it by the he looks at others girls

• Disturbing..

• Noting wrong if 17 year is legal
    It's a good match for an experienced person it will be safe then a 20 year guy.

• Not even legal

• lol that's so peverted

• yep I really feel like the guy is desperate

• Well, I heard another story about a 18 year old girl pregnant by a man in his 30's and he has a bunch of baby mamas.

• wtf disgusting

• no. Really... she's underage

• why not?

• Gross

• no. just no

• Ehh, very sketchy. When I was 15-17, a lot of men 26-34 were interested in me, asked me on dates, (even after I told them my age) but when I turned 18, suddenly these same men were no longer interested in me, and literally I've had maybe 4 guys be interested in me since I turned 18. 3 of 4 were really no good guys, and the 4th is my boyfriend.

In general I don't believe a 17 year old has the maturity to be with a 30 year old, and the only real thing he could get from her is sex. As they are on a whole different level mentally, she likely hasn't graduated high school, and therefore most likely hasn't even started her career path, or decent money making. I am a firm believer that those under 25 who don't have a steady or decent career, pay their own rent and bills, and have had a chance to live in the world themselves, and pay for life themselves, really shouldn't date people more than 4-5 years older than them.

I think age difference relationships work out better and are more balanced when both people have their own money, career, goals, dreams, and have experienced life as an adult on their own for a bit.

I can't see a 17 year old and a 30 year old really connecting on any true level, and I feel the 30 year old would end up paying for everything, and the 17 year old would really not learn much until it was too late, and she is 20 and he leaves, and she has to support herself all the sudden.

• she's actually in university, here in latino America we start going to university when we're around the age of 17 and sometimes 16, but yeah I completely agree with you the all situation is pretty disturbing

What Guys Said 5

• Thats not legal i mean until she is at least 18 its pretty much frowned uponed.

• ok let's say she's 18

• Well its legal but on the downside its still kinda frowned upon. Tbh 30 and 18 wouldn't be a hugs hugs age gap but its still pretty big.

• Ok well just got the other message, well then its not bad neither is it good lol I don't know how to answer it really.

• It's illegal. Wait a year.

• and what about mentality

• men I feel the same it's just desperation or he just wants sex

• Disgusting

• I feel the same

• Jailbait.

• illegal lol