Ex wants promise ring back?

my ex gave me a promise ring last year and his sister keeps asking for it back.. . he paid 500 for it. with money he won at the casino... they are acting like it's a big deal but we both agreed if he ended it I could keep it and if I ended it he could have it back. he ended it... and it was a gift?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• it was a gift it's yours sell it

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. Tell her to fuck off. A gift is a gift. Sell it.

• that's what I wanna do! they put me through hell and I spent a lot of money going to visit him. I think I deserve the money from it. thanks for ur input :)

What Guys Said 3

• Do you really want a promise ring from a guy who broke up with you or are you just doing this to spite him?

• nope, I spent lots of money going to visit him while he was in jail. I want to cash it in to pay off the hotel bills

• In that case the agreement was clear and it was a gift I say sell it.

• thanks for ur input

• How did the conversation of "you can keep this promise ring if we break up" go down? Usually people want to give those things back out if principle... If you want it, it IS your property. If it feels petty, it is.

• swallow it right in front of them

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!