Do you believe in fate? Does everything happen for a reason?

I'm starting think this is true but I'm trying to figure out what the reason for this is. I've called off an engagement just recently because I cannot get this crush out of my head. If I had been truly happy with my fiance then no guy would have held my attention like my crush. I'm wondering why I'm so drawn to my crush. He jokes around with me some but that's all the further it's gone. I know a lot of girls would love to date him. He's older and divorced with a few kids. I've never been married and have no kids.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is a combination of fate plus our own actions. With the first part, we're all dealt the hand we're dealt (genes, what part of the world we're born, etc.) and so each of us is stuck playing that hand. But beyond that our own beliefs and actions really shape our life and how we choose to experience it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so

What Guys Said 7

• I don't believe in fate as in our lives are predestined, no. However, I do believe that through the energy that makes up everything, we can be drawn to certain places or people. :)

• I think that everything happens for a reason, namely because of everything that happened before it. I don't think that there's a date that guides us to something very specific. That crush sounds like a symptom of a relationship that isn't working the way you wanted it to

• Everything does happen for a reason. It's call cause and effect. But if you do nothing then expect nothing.

• no. and a few situations won't make me

• Mate, enough. Are you not sick of this? How is it not affecting you?

• What are you talking about?

• Yes it can happen in many ways

• No, things happen because they happen. No purpose at all.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!