Breaking up over dancing?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and four months. We attend the same college and have a few mutual friends. Recently we went to a party that someone from our school had. A lot of people from our college was there and it was a lot of people I didn't know. Every one was drinking. And I was drunk and I danced with a few of his friends. I didn't know they were his friends because I don't know all of them. If I knew it was his friends I wouldn't of danced with them. The next day he broke up with me and said this is something he can't get past. He saw me dancing with a few of his friends. I've stuck by him through so much and he can't look past this one thing. I believe that he was over reacting. Do you guys agree with him breaking up w me?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a fucking sissy whiney crybaby lameass. What does he expect that you were gonna do when you're just having fun and had been drunk? Ask him, if it was in reverse and you treated him the same way, then how'd he feel about it? I think he's very insecure and jealous af. Ask him, what is it exactly that he is expecting from you or that he really wants from you? Ask him how exactly and why he can't get past this one thing? Reassure him you'd always be loyal to him and him only, and if he can't get past this one thing then so be it. I mean dancing and getting drunk isn't the same as making out with another guy or sleeping with another guy, so he needs to chill the fuck out.

Most Helpful Girl

• he could have been over reacting but when you're in a relationship you're obviously looking for me in the future such as marriage. whether you knew they were his friends or not I don't believe you should have danced with anyone besides your man because in some ways it can look like lack of respect for him. when alcohol is involved people have different ways of taking things. i do hope y'all can over come it but if not then at least you know for future reference and it was a lesson learned

What Guys Said 3

• he may have been over reacting but in a way understand but dont get me wrong its nothing to dump you over just tell you felt a wee bit uncomfortable you doing that if I was him , its not like you were dancing proctive were you? (grinding on them , bit touchy, etc etc)

• Sort of, but he was also dancing with girls in the party the same way. but I also didn't know the girls I guess. I felt like we could've spoke about it

• then he couldnt dump you if he was doing exactly the same thing as you thats hipocrite actions and yeah talk would be great but sounds like may have been looking for a excuse to dump you

• Yes I agree. If my woman gets drunk to a point where she dances with strangers let alone my friends then I got a problem with that.

If you were sober and did some ballroom dancing with another gentleman I wouldn't mind. However since this is a college party I know what happens when a guy and a girl dances.

• He was also dancing with strangers too. I wasn't the only one dancing. HE was drunk too

• Well you probably should have mentioned that in your block of text.

Did you bring this up to him and what was his response?

However I think it's best you both part ways then. It's clear to me that both of you are not ready for a relationship. If both of you like to go party and get drunk then stay single. This way no one gets hurt and both of you can do all the dumb shit you want.

• what's done is done.. keep it pushin and watch how you carry your self in public

What Girls Said 1

• Depends how you were dancing.