How do you feel about the term "let's take a break"?

I don't want to date anyone or see anyone on this break. But my fiancé is being very controlling and an ass. I don't like who he is becoming and I think that if we had some space he might see how he's changed and how he's been acting. "You don't know what you have until it's gone"- I hope this will be true enough for him.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sometimes it can work if both partners agree. Sometimes you need to know what else is out there to understand and appreciate what you had. Sometimes people let curiosity get the better of them once they are in committed relationships. Taking a break allows you satisfy those other interests or curiosities. It allows time for yourself and the relationship to reboot.

What Guys Said 8

• there r no breaks in mariage or a serious relationship hun it just means he has become bored and really doesn't wanna be withyou and wants something else i mean u two r engaged breaks shouldn't exist as life gives none even if it so happens and he comes back and u two get married dont expect a happy ending as he may repeat it down the line or cheat

• It's absolutely stupid. If you need a "break" from each other then you weren't meant for each other. What's the point in wasting time for someone you could never marry because in marriage there are no "breaks".
    In your case, I'd say that he isn't going to just change by himself. Ya he may go back to "himself" after awhile but he'll end acting the same later on unless something is done about it..

• I don't know what to do about it, I'm lost

• Ya sorry.. I'm not going to act like I know everything and everyone's​ situation...

• I dont think he will. I think he's finally showing his true colors to you. But try and do a break and if doesn't help. End it completely.

• break means beging of the end ex wanted that and moment i could even say yes or no she fucked some guy... hence why she's now ex

• "We're taking a break" means the Gag server is down

• tell him to take his break and not to bother you again if he really loves you he would nt need a break

• to be honest? break means open to side hoes.

• Why then are you making the biggest mistake of your life?

• What do you mean

• By being with a person that's a controlling ass... I would think that would be a caution sign as to what you will have in a future husband, except far worse.