Is this considered cheating?

If a girl gets in a fight with her boyfriend, breaks up with him, and immediately goes and has sex with another guy (possibly to get back at him/make him mad).. is that considered cheating or just disrespectful?

And this girl has been on and off with the guy and most likely has intentions of getting back together.

1122

Most Helpful Guy

• That is very cruel way to get back at your ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it goes based on the conditioning of the heart. if she is doing it to get back at him for whatever reason but loves him then yes it is cheating. if she doesn't love him and they just like each other and in a relationship with no meaning like no love just like then no it not cheating. i believe it goes by the heart and the intentions

What Guys Said 21

• If she has walked away with no thoughts of getting back with him, then it cannot be cheating. I also don't think it's disrespectful. The moment you split, you are a free agent to do as you please.

• UPDATE: How long will she put up with wasting life with an on-off relationship?

• Yes it's cheating. Hoes will be hoes.

• I think its a stupid thing to do... it makes you feel bad and then you have to go confess it all for a little gratification. .. if you did this I think you have to ask for forgiveness if you get back with him... even if its not cheating you did it anger at him... if you are looking for long term with this guy I think you need to find a counsler so you don't do this again when your angry (it could end a marriage or leave future kids without a dad) sorry if any of this came off harsh

• It's not cheating, but that's self destructive behaviour, and probably not a good idea if you ever plan on getting back together with him.

• No, but it is pretty stupid.. Lol..

• It's utterly innapropiate and offensive. That's all I care about, I'd stop giving a shit tbh. (not emotionally, u know how it goes, but I'd dump her)

• Its both cheating and disrespectful.
    This is the type of girlfriend that you dont want as your girlfriend

• Absolutely yes... it's not only cheating but pathetic and low and really immature...

• its not cheating if they're broken up

• If her "ex" considers it cheating then it's cheating, it's that simple.

• This is tricky but yes, I believe it counts as cheating.

• It's not cheating because they aren't together anymore and they don't have to get back together

• If you're not in a relationship then it's not cheating lmao

• If he found out it won't be cheating technically, because your if you consider your relationship to be over now (temporary) it will be definite after that kind of betrayal.

• technically it's not cheating... emotionally it is, stupid thing to do if she wants to get back together again

• Technically no because she did break up with you. However, she did it with malicious intent to hurt you and that says your just as much of a idiot as she was, if you got back with her.

• She's a hoe I'm afraid

• Not at all. Then you can even have threesome with other guy and your ex.

• Both i think

• Disrespectful

• No its being a woman.

What Girls Said 10

• Just disrespectful and shitty if you intend on getting back together with that person. No one should want to be in a relationship with someone who acts so horribly as a means of getting back at them. It poisons the relationship and shows they lack the maturity to handle disputes in a healthy manner.

• Also manipulative. Feels comfortable enough that she can get him back so she can play the technicalities.

• If they're not together its not cheating. Its fucked up, immature, and disrespectful. But its not cheating. You can't cheat on someone you're not dating or in a relationship with. I hope whoever is dating this girl wises up and leaves her!

• uh. yea. BOTH.

• As long as they´re not together anymore, it doesn´t count as cheating.

• just disrespectful. not really cheating.

• I would call that desperate not cheating

• If they're broken up it's just a but disrespectful, but if they're still together and just in a fight or just aren't really broken up and get back together fast then yes it's cheating.

• Cheating? No. childish? Yes lmao. Don't expect to get back with him after that.

• If the girl break up with her boyfriend first, then has sex, it's no cheating. But if she does that to make him mad then she's worst than him and don't deserve better

• Nope