My boyfriend broke up with me but said that he wants to stay in contact and wants a relationship with me one day?

My ex boyfriend and I were in a relationship for 5 months before we broke up. We are both 20 and when we first started dating he did have a demanding job and I was a full time college student, yet we still saw each other as much as we could. However, he got laid off from his job and then got a new job that was closer to him but same demanding hours. After he lost his first job he stopped being as attentive and asking to hang out and was a even worse texter than normal. I brought this up to him when I explained I felt like he ignored me for an entire week and he said he was just playing video games and that I could have texted him. Fast forward a few days after he finally started his new job and I'm the one who is always trying to text or send him a snapchat. I became fed up with this so last week I sent him a text asking if he wanted to break up. I'm confused because he left so many open doors for a relationship between us in the future but wanted to break up before ruining our relationship sooner and said he wanted to try again when he got more time. I'm so sorry for the long post but this honestly confuses me because he had told me he loved me and it just seems like breaking up was so easy for him, he also said that if an opportunity for me to be in a relationship comes up, I shouldn't base my decision off of him. I guess I just wanna know is, was he just dropping lines about having a relationship in the future?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to keep in contact to have a relationship with you in the future? What's wrong with right now? There are guys all over this forum who would jump at the opportunity this guy is pissing away!

This comes across to me, as him being simply not interested in you at all. There's a bot of laziness in him also - by not wanting to put forth any effort toward a relationship.

Regardless of the doors he may have left open, the fact he wants to just walk away right now, says a lot about his total lack of interest in you. I'd chalk this one up to a bad experience and walk away yourself. I'm positive you can find a guy who actually IS interested in you. I'm sorry this happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say, when he can break up that easily and he doesn't have a problem with you getting into new relationships
    I would say he just told you that to not sound to harsh and be to mean

• after getting into new relationships * he doesn't really loved you that much in the first place

What Guys Said 5

• i did something like that in the past. wanna know what reason i had? i wanted to keep fucking her without any strings attached. i was a douchebag, yes. he probably had a side chick and thats why he didn't have the time. you can ALWAYS make time if you really want

• He didn't love you hun. When you love someone you don't end it easily. Just forget him and find another one

• your a back up

• yes i m sure he is just dropping line. if he wants a relationship wid u, he wuld never had brokeup wid u in first place

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!