Should I wait around for my ex?

I'm still in love with my ex we dated for 3 years in high school on and off. We both moved away to college and I met a guy and dated him right away. I cut my ex out of my life because my new boyfriend didn't want me contacting him. My ex though kept contacting me and I was secretly contacting him to. He asked me back out three months ago but obviously I said no because my current bf. I broke up with my last boyfriend two months ago because he was cheating. This past weekend I spent the weekend with my ex(the one I'm in love with still) and we hooked up we had so much fun and I really thought he was going to ask me back out but he told me he can't because his heart won't let him because I broke his heart so many times before & he told me he wants to explore and get a new girlfriend before he decides to go back out with me. He basically told me I had to wait around and see what it feels like to lose someone. He wants to do what I did to him before he comes running back to me. I'm afraid he will actually fall in love with a new girl and never come back to me even though he told me he will. What should I do?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• What he is doing is a very immature way of handling his feelings about your breakup. I think the fact that you kept in touch with him secretly and he asked you out when he knew you had a boyfriend were also ways of him trying to see you in a bad light and mess with you. Face it, you were not being honest with your recent boyfriend and your ex knew it. He must have loved seeing how far he could get you to be dishonest on your recent boyfriend.

I would cut him out of my life. He's playing games and will continue to mess with you. You can certainly keep the lines of communication open to test my theory, but I predict more mind games right around the corner.

What Guys Said 1

• no

What Girls Said 1

• someone who loves you doesn't want to see you hurting no matter how bad they hurt. if he was serious (in my opinion) he would come running back to you not make you sit around to see what it feels like. I say no, no, and NO! good luck.