If your ex unfriended you on Facebook, would you add them first or wait for them to refriend you again?

I deleted my ex b/c a couple weeks after our breakup, I liked a meme about not being friends after a split since my old roommate tagged me in it. The meme was in reference to us not hanging out anymore after we stopped living together. But my ex was offended that I liked it cause during our breakup, he insisted on being friends but I was hesitant. That & the fact that we have a lot of mutual friends, so he keeps showing up on my feed got me annoyed and I figured unfriending him was for the best.

Fast forward a couple months, we're somewhat friendly & say hi when we run into each other. And he sent me a friend request recently. It just feels like if someone unfriended you, there’s obviously a reason so it should be courtesy to just leave them alone until or IF they ever even want to take the step to refriend you.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• For everyone who breaks up to be a friend again (me or other people's cases), I have a strong bitterness that grows towards people who don't know themselves.

I mean, how little does relationship mean to another that they wouldn't mind staking what good they had for situational fun and have the audacity to ask for friendship? It's always the ones who are at fault too. The ones who have given it all find it difficult to be friends again.

Does that mean don't? No... But it does mean to be cautious of what happens during and immediately after break ups. Be friends again and reconcile, do whatever happens. But you know it won't be the same. So what's the point that the people who want to be friends are trying to make?

I just don't see anything beautiful or lasting about situations as these. Just situational fun and regrets.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait. I use to delete this guy and he would always send me friend requests because my page was private.

What Guys Said 1

• don't think too much about it. there is nothing wrong in wanting to have good relationship with everyone. sure its better if you refriend him first, but its been months.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't add them again lol I've told people, if you erase me I won't add you again lol