If your ex unfriended you on Facebook, would you add them first or wait for them to refriend you again?

I deleted my ex b/c a couple weeks after our breakup, I liked a meme about not being friends after a split since my old roommate tagged me in it. The meme was in reference to us not hanging out anymore after we stopped living together. But my ex was offended that I liked it cause during our breakup, he insisted on being friends but I was hesitant. That & the fact that we have a lot of mutual friends, so he keeps showing up on my feed got me annoyed and I figured unfriending him was for the best.

Fast forward a couple months, we're somewhat friendly & say hi when we run into each other. And he sent me a friend request recently. It just feels like if someone unfriended you, there’s obviously a reason so it should be courtesy to just leave them alone until or IF they ever even want to take the step to refriend you.
2
2