Am I wrong to be upset?

My s/o and I have been in a relationship ever since we met in Dec of 2015. Even though we live 20 mins apart in the same metropolitan area, we only see maybe twice a month. My s/o is always busy. First it was work. Now its family. If we have plans, cancelled to hang out with family. If have a date in the evening, its postponed because hanging out with family. Now the cousin is having a baby and my s/o wants to be on call for whenever the baby is born to be at the birth. So we won't be seeing each other at least for the next 2 weeks. Everytime I try to stress that our relationship can't grow if there isn't time devoted to it, I get painted as the bad guy. I know its family and thats important but I have my own family as well but we all have boundaries. They know Im going to live my own life so they aren't as suffocating. We get into so many arguments about this because my s/o makes time for everyone under the sun and I get the left over scrap. I dont like how Im being treated. We can't even have a phone conversation without me being interrupted and being told "Ill call you back". Im trying to be fair and see it from both sides but I just constantly hold the short end of the stick. Am I unreasonable to be upset? Should I just move on?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're unfair, it sounds like you're second to his family. A relationship can't grow and I'm not sure he wants it to. Look this is simple, when I moved out and got my own place. My girlfriend/future ex wife moved in. From that point on she's #1, and there were times I had to say no to my family. They understood. I think you know where this is going. GOOD LUCK!!

Most Helpful Girl

• You have ever right to be upset. Trying to understand and see through your partners eyes is a very mature decision that not everyone is capable of doing. But to achieve a healthy relationship both partners have to have at least equal investments in the relationship for it to continue smoothly. The fact that he himself doesn't even try to understand why your upset shows he isn't ready to have a relationship with anyone. I would try to tell him one more time your concerns, keeping very calm during, and if he still refuses to listen then tell him its over. It is for the best for him and mostly you.

What Guys Said 1

• it's not about right or wrong. it's about being in s relationship that works for you.

What Girls Said 2

• You have the right to be upset. You've been dating for awhile and he should definitely prioritize you more than he does. I'd say have a serious conversation with him about this in person and if he can't make time in his life for you, move on.

• twice a month? ffs girl if he loves you he would make time for you no matter how busy he is. dump hiss ass and find a new boyfriend