Is it okay to wear fortnight contact lenses after two weeks?

So the fortnight contacts i have now are 16 days old and i used them for school for 9 days. Is it okay if i wear them one more time on monday? Theyre cleaned nicely.
Have you ever worn contacts more days than instructed? What happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wear contacts daily. I've worn them for the past 24 years - zero problems. I put them on in the morning and take them off each night. At night I soak them in a lens case with the cleaning solution recommended by my Doc. The lenses I wear are 2-week lenses. When I finish a bottle of solution, I toss the old ones out and put on a new pair when I open a new bottle of solution. So effectively it's one bottle of solution per set of lenses. They last me between 15 and 20 days - no problems.

I let my Doc know this is how I use them. I do NOT sleep in them overnight - ever. Occasionally, I might take a nap wearing them from time to time, but that's rare. The Doc knows about that too. Each yearly exam, they check my eyes for wear on the cornea and they take a pic of how the inside of my eye is doing - looking for signs of any problems. So far, I'm fine.

I recommend you call your eye Doc and let them know what you're planning to do. Let him/her make the decision if this will be harmful to your eyes.

What Guys Said 4

• I can't recommend wearing lenses outside their instructed use.

That said, I once decided to wear a pair of 2 week lenses for as long as they would last. I wore them for about 14 months before they became noticeably cloudy. Unless I lose or tear them, I almost always wear mine for at least several months

• So you wore your 2week lenses for several months? Did you get any eye infections or bad problems?

• Yes, I wore them for over a year. And no, I never had any problems with them. I had numerous people tell me I was going to get an eye infection, but I made sure to clean and disinfect them daily and never wore them overnight.

Again, I cannot *recommend* you do this, but I seriously doubt you'll have problems with your lenses for one more day if you've kept them clean

• It's probably not a good idea, you might cause discomfort or even an eye infection.

• No, it is not safe! YOU RIS

• SORRY. You risk serious infection of your eyes if you exceed the time stated. They also now suggest that you don't carry on using them after 5 or 6 years, as prolonged use can cause damage to your eyes surface.

• Not a good idea. I have worn Gas permeable that are cleaned and last until they break. But the soft jelly ones I wear now are more comfortable and I throw them away each day for a new pair. No solutions, just throw them. Wearing lenses longer than recommended can (and I have) result in conjunctivitis which can last a week or more and you risk bad infection which could risk your eyesight. Dont risk going longer than recommended please.

What Girls Said 0