Should I reach out 6 months later?

I ran into my ex boyfriend after a week or so after casual texts. It had been years since we last spoke. A few texts later and I couldnt help but bring up the past. It was just one text about the breakup. He replied. The next day, I sent him a text saying I was better than that and I let my emotions get the best of me. Im just wondering since its been 6 months later, should I say hey again? I really just want to catch up to see how life has been for him. Nothing else. He broke up with me. I know I probably scared him away but for a guy, will he remember that I tried to bring it up once and never want to talk to me again or do you think men dont hold on to stuff like that and he would be ok if I shoot him a short text. -something that doesn't have to do with our past. I dont even want to bring it up again.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have brought up the past, he will think you want to get back together. If you dont or you are sure he won't take you back, do not text him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd just move on. Have you asked yourself why you have such a need to stay in touch with a guy who dumped you?

• I really wish I knew why I wanted to reach out. We were together for years, bought a house and cars together. We were young. I dont want to be with him. I think because Im a nice person, I just simply want to know how life has been for him. I dont think you ever get over someone youve dated for years. Especially since the breakup wasn't bad. I just feel like there was so much more to talk about. I just simply told him that it wasn't easy for me to move on and I asked him how he did it so well. I've actually created a beautiful life since then so I've been asking myself the same thing. Why do/should I care..

• I'm guessing it's because you are single.

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 0