Is swearing unnattractive?

Is it unattractive when girls swear a lot

839

Most Helpful Guy

• I am from Ohio, rated the #1 state in the U. S. for using curse words (on average, look it up!). In addition, everyone here says I swear too much. But others say I am polite. I would really appreciate if a girl swears around me, it would make me more comfortable. As long as she could be polite and refrain from swearing at certain times, like anyone would benefit from being able to. Would be hard to go through life swearing all the time, you would have trouble with job interviews, speaking with the elderly, and talking to children. Otherwise, it is a casual thing that kind of breaks conversational "ice".

Most Helpful Girl

• A well placed f bomb, used in the right place at the right time can have a profound positive effect.
    The problem I have with swearing, is that it is used too much in instances where other words would have been more effective, which to me... is most all of time.
    Too much of a thing is most always bad. It sort of shows a bit of laziness on the part of the swearer to use curse words as fillers, not giving much thought about word choice in a conversation of any value

What Guys Said 38

• "A lot" then yes, it gets somewhat bothering not gonna lie. Especially if the person does not keep in mind she might disturb others.
    for example have this colleague at work. She simply isn't fit to have a job and gets stressed out of everything. Sometimes after talking with custormers and hanging up the phone, she starts swearing out loud. It's an avalanche of swears, that gets bothering because she cannot control herself. She screams out loud that the whole floor can hear her and second of all, she does not care as "swearing is words like any other words, so why are we so affraid to use them". No, don't use your "freedom of speech" propaganda to cover your psychotic outbursts.

otherwise throw a swear word from time to time, when you are stressed or when playing your favourite game/sport and you mess ul, it does not affect me.
    Moderation is key between "ha, she is the girl next door" and "ha, she is crazy & unstable"

• I thinks it's fine people from both genders swears. But if you're going to swear, variety is very important. If you repeats the same word all the times, your vocabulary appears poor and then you would appear lesser intelligent than a person with a good vocabulary. Swearing is natural and it's a part of being a human. Swearing is bad just because people says it's bad, not necessary because it's bad or harms anyone.

When it comes to dating, I'm fine with my partner is swearing. People should just remember using variety. But I thinks accents and dialects can be unattractive. Example Texas, AAVE, Valley girl/flamboyant, Østlending (East-Norwegian), Trondheim (Norwegian city) accents and dialects is unattractive for me. But regular Bergen dialect, British, Irish and French accent is thumb up.

• I personally have never cussed intentionally, probably six times by accident in my whole life, mainly when I was young.
    I don't think it's attractive at all, but that doesn't make the girl un-attractive... so really, to me, it neither benefits nor hinders them. But on the other hand, never hearing a woman cuss, I respect her quicker.

• Is swearing unattractive?

Opinion seeking question... The simple answer: depends on the person. I personally do no like.

Seeking something deeper: Speech reflects the character and mind. Each have distinct ways of speaking and it is a factor that makes them who they are. So you also have to consider, do I sound mature; do I consider this a bad habit that may root from past; is this a classy trait; etc?

Simplified: If you believe that by swearing you attract good, you should know.

• depends on the environment and situation. in regular conversation as long as it is not overdone, I feel that swearing can add personality and emotion to a statement. but if I find a girl that is loose with her words and swears for the sake of swearing, then it can be unattractive

• As long as it's fitting to the situation. My girlfriend cusses but only with me or someone she feel really comfortable with. I'd be embarrassed if my girlfriend cussed on the regular with people we weren't not on that level with. It's just classless.

• It depends on the girl really, I've met some more expressive women and it can be kind of fun in a way. But if she's doing it at the Christmas dinner table in front of the extended family that might be a bit too much

• It can be yes if a lot. Some is fine/normal for most. Depends on the girl and her personality also. I've had female friends that swear a lot.

• I don't think so, we can swear together haha

• Yes, I do find it unattractive.

• Yes and No. It's depends. But people still hate swearing eventhough inside, they really want it. We make a standard where everyone have to be polite and not swearing. Otherwise, it's would be called rude or idiots.

• I don't find it unattractive unless its directed at me.

• Nah.

• Nope

• if it's constant swearing it can be unattractive, but a little bit doesn't bother me

• I rarely swear. It's unattractive if anyone swears too much

• That depends on if she knows how to do it properly.

• I have the vocabulary off a sailor, I think it's only fitting if I'm in a relationship with someone that is the same

• Yeah I don't like it

• Yes.

• unfortunately yes

• it's only unattractive if it's excessive. like every other word is a curse lol.

• yeah, kinda.
    sometimes it's like "uh, okay. maybe you should shut up?".
    so, don't.

• The real question should be is it attractive if it is said with an accent?🤔

• really yes girl

• Depends I heard a lot of women a d girls cuss like sailors.

• Damn right

• I don't swear. I find that unattractive in any situation.

• yes overly swearing is not attracted at all

• Depends, but most days yes

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 7

• I tend to cuss a lot but I'm not one of those that scream it out. I usually mumble it under my breath or say it in funny accents. Or if I want to say sh** I say "shiitake mushrooms!"

• Not very ladylike...

• It's yes

• Yes, it's very unattractive when you curse so much that it makes you sound like some kind of lowlife scum

• When girls swear and when boys swear it is unattractive.

• I'm a girl and i swear all the time, i may stop though because everyone tells me i swear too much.

• Guys do too so what?