Ex boyfriend doesn't want his friends to date me?

I broke up with my ex because we couldn't see each other. We are now friends, but yet he gets mad when his friends try to slide in my messages or tries to shoot his shot at me. He's like, "(my name), if he tries to talk to you tell me me so I can tell him to fuck off." And then his friend teased him and said "Yeah because he still loves you."

417

Most Helpful Guy

• Entirely situational, how recently did you date him? What's the nature of your friendship? I have an ex that i'm now very close friends with. we have been for a while now because we broke up 6 years ago. I know her very well and know she wouldn't have a problem with me dating a friend. she has even suggested it on occasion or asked me about one of her friends. Usually it's a bad idea to date an exes friend but I have seen it work out. Also, any guy that is being 'controlling' like that, you shouldn't hang around with. Guys like that will omly get more controlling, and may start doing the same thing with other people. Either he likes you and wants to be with you or it's none of his business who you date.

• Being the person that broke up with him though, he probably is still interested in you, don't flirt with his friends, and they shouldn't reciprocate.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't dare his friends anyway

What Guys Said 16

• that's bullshit on the friends part. that's a rule between guys you don't date or talk to your guys ex.

• Lol. Pro tip: that friend of yours who is shouting, 'bros before hos' will be the first one banging your ex behind your back. Don't believe the hype

• your completely‚Äč right. guys r shady as shit. but I only really hang with two guys one being my dad n he wouldn't do me like that n my other guy knows not to do that shit cuz it wouldn't be good for him.

• Well it's part of the bro code that you don't cheat with your friends girlfriend. Also you don't hook up with the ex if they break it off. So his friends are idiots for not following the bro code

• Whether he likes you or not, it's a dick move to date a friend's ex. Don't do that shit

• I would go mad as well. You don't go near a pals ex. If you young ones would use your brains for once you might understand why. He's told you secrets, you know things about him he doesn't want his pals to know now he's going to be paranoid your blabbing everything to one of his mates then he can tell everybody else. Even if you don't he'll believe you are. It's out of order, we'd never have did that as youngsters but them again principles are a thing of the past now

• There is an unwritten rule between boys. You never date your friend's ex.

• that's like picking you over him and they are supposed to be friends wtf don't do that

• He doesn't want you to move on before he does.

• Bro code. Can't do that to your mate.

• He obviously still does.

• Very off topic, but I love your profile picture. RIP.

And yes I can tell

• Your comment made me smile.

• He is madly in love with you... unfortunate you broke up with him... consider giving him a second chance and am sure he will live up to your expectation :)

• Thatscto bad you deserve to date who you like

• He's not over you it violates the bro codes

• true

• ex's can't be friends with each other

• It sounds like he does. If you still have feelings for him then maybe try to rekindle the relationship
    Don't doubt his behavior, he's still interested

What Girls Said 3

• he more than likely still likes you but also knows that no friend should be going after his ex-girlfriend.

• Don't date them they seem like assholes

• What's the question?