Can men pretend to love and care for a girl they dont really love? not for months but for years?

so my ex broke up with me a few weeks ago we had a really bad fight things escalated and he said that he doesn't know about the future but right now he wants to break up. I didn't plead and just tried once to handle things and then I gave up. but he said somethings that showed that somehow I was the one who did the hurting. and he said that he told his friends that he'll stay single forever and when we fought he said to me that he never wanted to be with me. I'm pretty sure he said that in anger because I always felt in our relationship he was the one who loved and cared more. and I was the spoiled one. so guys help

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes guys can do that... Sometimes for the benefit of the physical action! And sometimes for a feminine consolation when the day turns bad... Those two reasons are basically it

• for four years?

• 1 or 2 years very possible. For him to stick around for 4 years definitely there's more to it than just that

• it doesn't really matter I guess because now he broke up with me and acts like he doesn't even care and that he hates me

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys absolutely can pretend for years. I've been lead on twice and it sucked. But that doesn't mean your boyfriend was faking it

• I don't know I feel betrayed. like I wasted four years of my life on a guy who was most probably faking it

• It's good that you're feeling better. Keep doing what you're doing. Time heals all

• hope so

What Guys Said 3

• I'm certain it happens in many couples.

• omg how can people act like they love somebody when they don't

• Girls decide if there's gonna be sex or not, thus guys will tell them what they think girls like to hear.

• yes, I have witnessed but one

• can you share some details? like how long did the guy keep pretebding. and how did he behave and how did the breakup happen?

• if he did all that, he would have loved you. The point is what happened between you two that he felt so and said all those things to you. You said you are the spoiled one, may be you should be the one to use blaming word and gain knowledge what led him to take such decision

• I tried texting hin a week after the breakup but he didn't respond. he made me feel like I was the one who did all the hurting. maybe I did say something by mistake but at least I deserved to know what. even when he broke up with me he seemed pretty pissed and just didn't want to talk about it. he always cones out looking like a victim and I'm the one who gets blamed. at least I didn't give up and break up with him whenevr things got a little rough. I just think he's immature. what happened was just that our mutual friends had a fight about our relationship. my friend who he thinks is my best friend and his friend fought about something which included our relationship and said some bad things. he just wants to get all the attention that's what I think. may e he got thought that he was giving attention to me and so he did this to get attention to himself.

• Yes its called marriage.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, girl. My no good of an ex used to think I was his girlfriend so he could get what he wanted. It didn't even feel like a relationship. He was verbally abusive and always irritated with me. I started to peep his bullshit and left him alone.

• Wow. Made me think that I was his gf*** I was typing too fast.

• Right. Girls are the same way with money but at least with you can kind of tell. Guys have a poker face.

• im speechless. such ass holes they are