How do you heal a broken heart?

It's only been a couple of days but I'm in so much pain. My heart is just numb. I can't eat or sleep and all I do is cry, how do I heal myself?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• This is not numbness. This is pain. It never goes away, you just learn to live with it until one day you wake up and you have let it go or you find someone who helps you to let it go. Either way it takes time. Sometimes a lot of time.

• I can tell this is going to take a lot of time. Thank you for your reply.

• It takes as long as it takes. I broke up with my ex 1.5 years ago and just now I'm starting to even consider dating. Probably another 6 months until I actually do it. Take your time. No one is rushing you.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be a cliche or someone has told you this already but time does heal a lot of things. You need time to regenerate, put it behind you and move on but first. Make sure that you did have closure with the person that hurt you, it'll really help the process or it might not fully heal or close

• We never really had closure, the situation feels like it's taking over my life.

• Then go and get closure, talk them about it and just get everything out. It'll feel much better once you're not still thinking about what could've been done or said

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!