Should a couple get a divorce due to incompatibility issues?

Almost 51% of Divorces cite Incompatibility as the Primary Reason. After the Honeymoon PhaseCouples find out they aren't made for each other and Long, drawn out Courtroom Cases, Ego, Hatred Leave their Children bitter, Helpless with a Single Parent. I feel When you Have Children and give so much in a Marriage , I think Failing Marriages should be Fixed not Broken. When you are a Parent All the Decisions must be taken with the Family in Consideration, not your Individual Egos. Agree?

96

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly don't believe in divorce so if I were married I'd put aside my differences for the sake of everyone's happiness, even if it costs my own which I doubt cause unfortunately I'm pretty easy to please. So no couples should work things out, if they can't be lovers, be friends. Relationships take work. If he's a condescending abusive asswipe divorce the shit.

What Girls Said 8

• Instead of simply citing incompatibility I think couples, especially parents, should at least try to work through the problems.

• I think that if people aren't happy, then that should be changed. Even if you have children, you should try to make them happy but doing that by forcing yourself to stay in a marriage you don't enjoy isn't a good choice either. Ultimately, I believe everyone would be happier if an incompatible couple decided to divorce rather than if they stayed together.

• I will not stay in a loveless marriage. my son knows we each love him so much. he's a happy kid. sometimes things don't work out and everyone is so much better off apart.

• speaking from experience, I think that raising a child in a hateful chaotic environment is a lot worse than going back and fourth between homes of divorced parents. not only is the child constantly having to watch the two butt heads, but a lot of times they end up blaming themselves for their parents' unhappiness. as long as the child keeps in touch with both parties I don't see any reason for the two not to spilt.

• Incompatibility issues are pretty much the only reason people get divorced.

• If there incompatible, that can cause more issues in their home than if they were apart and wouldn't the honeymoon period end before they have kids?

• Usually, the Honeymoon Phase lasts till the Wife gets Pregnant. On most Cases, that leads to A dip in Sex Life. Changes in physique. The Transition from a Wife to A Mother changes most of the relationship. Of Course, A mother always loves her Baby more than her Husband. This Changes a Lot of things

• If guys don't want a woman to be the mother of their children, which is obviously a huge life change, then shouldn't they just date and have multiple girlfriends? A woman doesn't transform into a wife and mother without becoming a different person. If guys aren't prepared for that change or don't want to be a parent, then they shouldn't get married and sign up for parenthood. Expecting your married life to be the same as your young single, dating life is unrealistic. On both parties! I think these unrealistic expectations, along with the stress of being an adult and a parent, are what contributes to a majority of divorced. Not money, not sex (unless there is a lack of it), and not incompatibility. Stress, change, and unrealistic expectations. Also, lack of communication is a huge contributor.

• I agree with you wholeheartedly... . πŸ˜‡

• Not quite. If the relo is volatile and abusive, then i feel it would be benifical to dissolve it. Rather than have the children subjected to it.

What Guys Said 6

• No. You should find that out BEFORE you get married. Even so, compatibility is just a guideline anyway. The problem is that people today put way too much stock in "compatibility". When they do, they're not trying to find out if they're compatible with each other. Each person is thinking "is he/she compatible with ME?" By that, I mean they're thinking "how will he/she fall into the mold of what I want him/her to be?" They will essentially be using each other.

GK Chesterton once said that β€œThe obvious effect of frivolous divorce will be frivolous marriage. If people can be separated for no reason they will feel it all the easier to be united for no reason.” He once said that if men and women can get divorced for "incompatibility", then they should ALL be divorced. He said that in the fairy tales, it says they "lived happily ever after", not "peacefully ever after". He described marriage as a "duel to the death". Oh, how immature a view does today's world have of marriage...

People need to be humble when they enter relationships. You're getting into a relationship with another unique individual person, not another mold of you. Therefore, take "compatibility" with a grain of salt. Love requires, among other things, humility, patience, and sacrifice.

No, divorce should not be allowed for "incompatibility". If that's all it's going to take to end the marriage, then the couple shouldn't have even gotten married in the first place.

• I thought you could get a divorce for any reason this is America.

• Dont get married to someone you aren't sure you wanna be with. And dont have children with them before you make sure everything is good on the long term.

• That's why your supposed to date first ffs. Incompatibility issues? Two morons without a brain between them more like

• Yes.

• Fixed how?

There are a lot of people staying in bad marriages because they have a family. That doesn't fix thibgs.