Do you think he needs space and time to himself right now?

My sweetheart is going through a divorce. He actually goes to court in a week. We haven't been talking as much and I've just been worrying myself a lot lately. And I miss him.
He told me already that he had a lot going on in his head that's why he isn't talking as much to me.

I just worry he's gonna give up on me with all the stress he's under. I don't want to add to any of his stress, I just want to be there for him. I guess giving him space will be my way of being there since I can't hold his hand.
It hurts seeing the person you care about go through something and you can't do anything but sit and watch.

I really do love him to pieces and I hope we can get through his divorce. I'm not leaving his side no matter how hard things are at the moment.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• If he really loves you he won't give up on you. It would be a foolish move from him because you've been supporting him in such a hard moment. Of course, you would like to do more, but, as you said, there's not much you can do, just be there cheering him up without mentioning anything about the divorce or doing any suggestions. Not because it is not your situation to judge, but because that would add more stress to him. Make him feel distracted from that topic instead of loading him up with more of that. Good luck ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah if he really loves you and care for you he will never give up on you I know because I've been in your situation where my boyfriend had to go through something break and all I can do is just wait for him and give him support that you did and my boyfriend also did tell me that he's been through a lot that it would be amazing if I can just support him and be there for me and not say anything about him being not available for me so I think that's the best you can do

What Guys Said 2

• If you really care for him you have to give him the space he needs. This would help him to understand the situation and handle better. When men are in problems he goes into shell and builds up power and confidence to over come the hurdles. During such period its wise to give him some time to comeback. Support him.

• Yeah

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to give him space but also try and be there for him when he needs it. Don't add to his pressure right now, you need to show that you're a place for pleasure rather than pressure 🙂

• Don't let him stay silent for too long. Reluctantly, and regrettably, I've made that mistake. I'm so sorry.