How long will it hurt? I can't handle the pain?

My and my boyfriend decided yesterday to break up after almost a year, we wouldn't really handle the distance. I though it would be alright for me and that I would handle it well after all we decided this together. However now I feel some kind of extreme pain all over my body and I begin crying all the time, I can't really control myself.

So my question is how long does this feeling hold on? This is my first relationship so I don't have any experience.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are difficult to deal with. The one you have to concern yourself the most with is the permanent one, marriage. All the others can be mended with time. Just have to believe that it's their loss and not your own.

Most Helpful Girl

• It will hurt for a while, especially if you've spent a lot of time with them. You basically have to re-learn how to be yourself again and its okay. Stay busy and know its for the best, it really depends with time wise. You learn from it, you know its for the best but you will love again and it may be sooner than you expect or not, it just depends. You have to learn to be comfortable with yourself again and know that you can be independent. Good luck x

What Guys Said 4

• Probably until you either enter another meaningful relationship. But don't jump into anything, pain is a part of growth. One who burns themselves on a stove learns from that mistake and pretty much avoids being burned again.

• I hav ended my relationship tht was my first true genuine relationship bcz I m was a shy guy we were loved for 4yers extremely I don't know how much she do but I made my world complete for her changed my self complete for her but she ended up marrying someone few months saying I can't Mary u bcz my parents denay ur not one of us it's been 7months since she left me I cry myself daily many said to move on I take many suggestions from people but I feel same way as u do. it hurts as long as u remember him

• Being crazy is fun. That's all I can say about this

• all depends on the person. My first breakup, i was over it in a week. all others after that, over it within a day.

• Did you really like them tho? I'm not judging you but it sound like you maybe weren't to emotionally involved, could it be?

• Truth, I realized that myself and it helps for sure. I wrote him a letter telling him how I felt about everything, not to get back together but to get it out of my system

• And to be honeys i feel like that helped cuz now I don't have anything I feel like I should have told him, everything is said from my side so I can move on now

What Girls Said 2

• I've never been in a relationship, but I would try to busy myself with other things to help deal with the pain. Hobbies, hanging out with friends when you're ready, of course.

• I'm kind of in the same situation as you.. I've been crying all the time and I couldn't sleep last night because all I could think of was him. :(

• How long was it since you guys broke up?

• 1 day

• How do you feel now? I'm actually already feeling a bit better. However I don't know how I will react once I have to tell people about it...