Has anyone ever had to let go of someone they were crazy about but didn't get the same love back?

I am in LOVE for the first time. i love everything about the guy i recently got into a relationship with. BUT, i dont feel the same amount of love back. he's just not crazy about me. he seems like he does the bare minimum for me. we dated for 8 months without sex and he would go to yoga with me and hiking but still the whole time he seemed distant. then he made me his girlfriend and still introduces me with just my name. when he calls i can hear it in his voice that he isn't excited to speak to me. when we hangout he seems serious and distant. he never plans dates. he does hangout with me on his days off and i told him to text me more so he started doing it but i just dont feel a mutual level of excitement. yesterday i told him to come pick me up after work (we'd hung out the day before and had sex for the second time, i was feeling vulnerable and like shit) and he replied with, i would but ima hangout out with so and so tonight. it seems that he only acts super interested when he feels that he will lose me which is why i hardly text or call him. i just want to be with someone who is crazy about me and me about them.

I am finding it so terribly difficult to let him go. i love him. i like his face the way he walks, his voice everything about him and it's tearing me apart to think he will be with someone else. i have never felt a pain so great. i don't know how i will get through it.

has anyone ever had to let go of someone they were crazy about but didn't get the same love back?

12

What Guys Said 2

• its the hardest thing to do. but if the loves not equally shared between you both is just a waste of time. I was with the first person I've ever loved for 1year and 3 months then she cheated on me after being very distant for awhile. hardest thing I've done but I'm in a better place for it

• May be its just a infatuation.
    Everything will heal with time. I think these you should find someone who loves you and give the attention you need.
    and about the pain, Life's greatest lessons are through Pain.

What Girls Said 1

• I guess some people