Should I write my ex a thank you text?

She was a big part of my life when we were dating and helping me through school. I couldn't do it without her support. Even though we work together and she is not really talking to me I feel like I should. I would put something like " I know you are not really talking to me but I want to thank you for helping me thorough school. I could couldn't done it without your support. It was so nice to have someone else there to support me and believe in me besides family. When I didn't get my gap where it t needed to be to do my big internship, the first person I thought of was you and how I let you down becaus I never wanted to. I feel somewhat responsible for what happened to us. I am sorry about joking about marriage and being too clingy. I am not ready for marriage. I should of never joked about it and it got in your head. I loved you for you and you're the best. I also am sorry for not giving you time to yourself and school. I don't like seeing you mad at me. I miss the friendship we had and I hope we can talk things out soon". Thoughts?
+1 y
I need help shortening what I am going to say and if I am going to add that I still care about her.
+1 y
Her birthday is coming up, so I might get her a birthday card and write something meaningful in it.
Should I write my ex a thank you text?
3
3