Should I write my ex a thank you text?

She was a big part of my life when we were dating and helping me through school. I couldn't do it without her support. Even though we work together and she is not really talking to me I feel like I should. I would put something like " I know you are not really talking to me but I want to thank you for helping me thorough school. I could couldn't done it without your support. It was so nice to have someone else there to support me and believe in me besides family. When I didn't get my gap where it t needed to be to do my big internship, the first person I thought of was you and how I let you down becaus I never wanted to. I feel somewhat responsible for what happened to us. I am sorry about joking about marriage and being too clingy. I am not ready for marriage. I should of never joked about it and it got in your head. I loved you for you and you're the best. I also am sorry for not giving you time to yourself and school. I don't like seeing you mad at me. I miss the friendship we had and I hope we can talk things out soon". Thoughts?

I need help shortening what I am going to say and if I am going to add that I still care about her.
Her birthday is coming up, so I might get her a birthday card and write something meaningful in it.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If I got a message like that, I'd appreciate it and feel warmly toward the ex who sent it, so I say go for it.

• I still want to show that I still care about her. I don't know if I should add that.

• I see... just take it slowly then. As you say, don't sound desperate. And don't get too much into it in your expression of gratitude, so that she sees the gratitude as authentic and not a way to get back together.

• She is the only girl I want be with. So what do you think I should say. I want to say something meaningful and come from my heart.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that'll be cool, It would be better to keep it short and precise. The message would be the same. :D

What Girls Said 2

• Nope

• You're nicer than me. My exes would get nothing but angry letters from me but you say she was a big part of your life and she helped you so yeah sure. 👍

What Guys Said 2

• I once sent a thank you letter to one of my ex, and now we are the best of friends again, just how we where before starting to date

• just a short thank you note is fine. Just don't stretch it.