What are some biological reasons men and women cheat?

Ok I've researched this subject a lot so I know the a lot of the science , but I'm curious on your take... specifically why men cheat , and specifically why woman cheat? What are the advantages for the different sexes?

213

Most Helpful Guy

• we are all animalistic in nature. men were created to spread their seed to as many females as possible to keep their genes alive and a better chance of surviving. in the animal kingdom only a small percentage of alpha males get most of the females. cheating is natural. moral? no, but we are fighting temptations hard coded into our DNA. no other animal is monogamous. think about that. as for why men cheat? lust. we want sex, but on a biological level we just want to have many offspring and have them all survive. females want the most alpha male, because it ensures her offspring have good genes and survive as well. it's all a survival thing. on a emotional level, I think both sexes use it for revenge and also to boost their self confidence. sometimes a woman isn't getting enough attention in her relationship so she finds a man who fills that void whether it be emotional, sexual or both.

Most Helpful Girl

• hi, so ok you state research and science this cannot be separated from emotions with either gender. as for advantages oh my... really what on earth do you mean by that?

• Emotions are linked to personal gain... biology prompts emotions... so they are tied together... advantages such as good genetics for offspring , gaining money , gaining emotional support which would be linked for the need of societal support , climbing your way up the social latter , biologically needing to release

What Guys Said 12

• For the woman she can be with a stable provider mate who treats her well, but receive better genetic material from the more attractive guy.

For the man he increases his chances of spreading his genes

• Economical and biological... ahh a perspective I've never thought of..

• If a disease or virus comes along, you have a greater chance of *some* of your children surviving if they have different fathers or mothers.

• men cheat due to physical dissatisfaction, women cheat due to emotional dissatisfaction.

• Cheating I hate this destroyed all my hard work love and investment they cheat because they think they can get away with it

• well there can be a lot if reason why male or girl cheats but honestly girls cheat mostly for emotional reasons why guys cheat pure off of physical. then you have to play in the fact of being comfortable, or are they really that serious about and etc

• Can be fun for some most of the time i think its revenge

• To high of a sex drive

• not getting attention at home

• because humans are not penguins

• sometimes when you buy a car, you still want to drive another car.

• Why do you think women cheat for emotional reasons and men physical? Is sex for women just a way to feel desired, loved and protected? Do they not desire the physical aspect as men do?

• I think it is just bad morals and society seems to not shame it enough.

If someone is married and has kids, I think there should be actual jail time for cheating if it can be proven on video.

• Society... yes there are so many factors

What Girls Said 1

• they wanna fuck, their prefrontal cortex decides to fuck