Longtime boyfriend is hiding me from his family and friends. Should I just end it?

My boyfriend and I have been together over two years and we were talking marriage when one day we got into an argument and he flew off the handle, pulling my hair, embarrassing me in front of my family by screaming and swearing like a crazy person. He then threw me out of our apartment that we shared for over a year.

He also went and threw me under the bus trying to turn everyone against me, started a new relationship with another woman and kept harassing me after I blocked him.

We were only broken up for two weeks. One day he called me from a new phone and was finally calm and we talked about him going to therapy and getting back together.

He had me come over, he told me it was ok to move back in, and that he loved me he was sorry.

Then today, just two days later, I found out he's been lying to his family and friends that he's even with me. When I asked him about it he said he didn't want anyone to say anything about ME, even though he was the one who treated me like crap! :(

Im really hurt because I didn't do anything to him, because our perfect life became nothing so quickly and I feel like I became nothing in his life. I feel really hurt that he will have sex with me but won't acknowledge our relationship. I feel like nothing to him, and it hurts more that he was the one who started all of this while all I did was cry for two weeks straight.

I also dont don't think it's fair that he wants to come over to my families house and be acknowledged as my boyfriend to my family and friends and other men but will not acknowledge me to his family and friends.

He said he thinks we're moving too fast. Which I think is stupid, we've been together over two years and broken up two weeks!

Should i just end it? I'm just feeling like this is one sided, and possibly going nowhere.

516

Most Helpful Guy

• Straight to the point: Break up.
    He abused you and used you.
    ~You deserve better.

Most Helpful Girl

• if i were you. i'd do this.

sit with him and tell him nicely that you feel like he's hiding you, and that makes you feel like he's ashamed of you. tell him how you let him meet your family, you want the same.

if he still hesitates, then just tell him nicely. "well, you're not meeting my needs. i'm afraid it's over."

be strong ok!

What Guys Said 15

• It's an abusive relationship, and before it gets worse, and possibly dangerous, I would advise you to drop him. Life is short enough, and you don't need to be with someone who doesn't appreciate your worth.

• Honestly break that up. Never stay in an uncomfortable position such as that. It just hurts more for you in the long run. Hiding things from family is never a good thing

• he's just using you baby.. time to leave

• End that toxic relationship. Now before he hurts you bad

• No, ask him why he is doing it. Ask him his insecurities first.

• He should introduce you that's unfare he should allow others to know you are a couple

• end it asap

• what are you waiting for... you should breakup with him. that's a disgusting way to treat a woman

• Have some self respect, walk away as soon as possible.

• Not if you haven't td him your real serious

• I think it's way past time

• if you're questioning, it's probably not a good relationship

• Tell'em hey bro if you don't show me yo fam I'm ganna Drop you like hot cakes on a cold day ya dig

• dear god. Get away from that man

• you're obviously not good enough for him.

What Girls Said 4

• Should you end it? Come on. You know damn well you deserve better. Nothing you said is great about him or the way he treats you. Let that punk go and work on your self esteem a bit more.

• i think you should leave him. he ain't worth it. I hope you find a real man that loves you and shows you off like a dime you are.

• first of all, leave him. he say no right to put his hand on you at all, whats so ever. And you should be with someone that treats you well, not someone is treating you like trash.

• You are right. It definitely sounds very unstable. How can you not introduce parents? After TWO years? Seriously, soooo many red flags EVERYWHERE. You're better off walking away from this one.

• It's really not about not introducing her to his parents-some can be very toxic-including mine

• @Sabretooth true, but i feel like meeting the parents is important to the OP. If the boyfriend has toxic parents he should have discussed that issue with her instead of keeping it in the dark. But I don't think that's the biggest red flag. The fact that he turned people against her, harassed her and even physically assaulted her does not by any means lead me to believe this is not a healthy relationship.

• Exactly my point-and I agree