I need some advice please?

This may get a bit lengthly, but I will do my best to keep it short.

About 2 years ago I started dating a guy, who was (is) everything I could ask for in a partner. We held the same values, we always had a great time together, and we seemed to understand each other pretty well. Unfortunately I suffer from anxiety pretty bad, and I have a fear of losing loved ones. So during this time I lost my grandfather whom I was pretty close to and went through a pretty bad depression and I pushed my boyfriend away. Which resulted in me breaking up with him. About 6 months later we reconnected and I had reached out to him to apologize for pushing him away and expressed to him that I was afraid to get to close to lose him. We ended up getting back together but this time I wanted to make sure he knew I loved him and I that I wanted this to work. I ended up being too needy and it pushed him away:(. He broke up with me about a month ago and told me he felt smothered and he needed to find himself and figure his life out. He says he has no intentions of being in a relationship right now and that he still cares about me and maybe once he has his life figured out we can try again... I am completely heartbroken... I thought we were going to get married, his family thought so and so did mine. This is all so confusing to me, I'm trying to move on by I have a gut feeling telling me not to... I can't stand it.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think both times were a learning lesson. Dont be overwhelming him too much and give him his space but also dont sag off either. If he says he is not ready right now, then just give him some time. Dont push him too hard to get back again. Im sure time will heal these wounds

• Thank you! Am I wrong for still having hope?

• Well Im sure he knows you care about him. Just give him some time and slowly try to see where he wants to go with you. I honestly think he just wants some time to himself for abit.

• I honestly always thought that was just an excuse to get out of a relationshipšŸ™ˆ I'll just keep focusing on doing better for me:) thank you again!

• give him some time and space.. and if u still suffering frm anxiety you must cntrl it.. coz i knw how it feels like..

What Girls Said 1

• Please move on with your life. He said you guys could maybe try again but don't wait on him.