How much time after you e broken up and said your final goodbyes in a relationship do you move out or kick your ex out?

My friend is getting a divorce after catching his wife cheating many times. Before he would always take her back but he's decided that enough is enough. He's back in the dating game. The lucky lady is my sister. Now the place that things get sticky or messy is not that the divorce isn't finalized but the soon to be ex wife has moved out but some of her things are still at his place because she's staying with a friend and the friend doesn't have enough space. Ok so he's not being an asshole by throwing her out on the street. That's good but her clothes are still hanging in his closet and on shelves as if it's one of those other times he caught her cheating and he was willing to take her back. It's been at least 6 months since the wife "moved" out. The wife is still staying with a friend and her things are still at his place how she left them and not packed in boxes. The wife hasn't expressed any plans of her finding her own place. They will soon be going to marriage counseling. He says it's because the county they were married in requires it. I think it's the wife contesting the divorce.

Ladies and gentlemen how long after you've said your final goodbyes before you're completely moved out? If the lease is in your name how long would you give your ex to get back on their feet?

I find it really odd that he talks badly about the wife to mutual friends and at one point a while back was willing to cheat on her all because she's cheated but just can't tell her to come get her things from his place. There's storage she could rent if it's extra space she needs or sell the clothes. Sounds like she could use the cash.

Is he holding on to the old relationship or does the clothes in the closet mean nothing and he's just helping someone out?

My sister has met his mother if that makes any difference. I know it made me think he's really into her might even love her but just not ready for a relationship. I love them both but of course I'm looking out for my sis.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he is waiting for her to get her own place to move her stuff out. Maybe she doesn't want the stuff. Divorce is more completed then a regular relationship. I hope things work out with him and your sister.

• immediately

What Girls Said 1

• Divorce is tricky. Some states do require counseling, others require a cooling off period, some require nothing. Find out what the divorce laws are in the state. Personally, I learned not to date a still married/separated man because they are not ready for another serious relationship until they finish the grieving process. Even a newly divorced man may not be be ready for a real relationship, and if he did catch her cheating on her several times, he may have many issues to work out first.