Why did my Boyfriend break up with me in such a cruel way?

He completely ignored my texts all day yesterday. I texted him asking 'do you not want to see me that much?' Because he kept canceling or postponing our plans.
And he completely ignored me. I texted him a few times today asking what the deal was and saying that I deserved an explanation.
He finally texted me back saying he was done. I asked him why he didn't do it in person, he said because it dawned on him and he didn't want to drag it out. Wtf?
Why would he be so cruel? It took me a long time to trust him and I finally did and I get rewarded with this.

Most Helpful Guy

• He wanted to avoid the confrontation of being man enough to tell you face to face. He probably didn't want to break down and have you break down. What he did was wrong and very bad. He took the easy way out instead of having proper closure. He seems very immature and childlike. You didn't deserve this type of treatment. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm sorry this happened to you and breaking up via text is incredibly cowardly. That said, while I don't want to be dismissive of your feelings, you and your boyfriend are REALLY young. You guys have an unbelievable number of romantic options right now and quite frankly, you're just at an age where relationships stop and start at an incredibly high rate. Believe me, it was nothing you did and there were no signs that you missed. These things happen and you just have to pick yourself up and move on.

• I'm 25 already im not 18

• He told me he hadn't had a girlfriend since high school and I believed him. But maybe everything he said was a lie

• You know, maybe but whatever the reason is, it doesn't matter. You have a gazillion options out there and at least 50,000 of them would be dying to take you out. This guy wants to move on, then fine. But given how much consideration he gave you during the break up, I just don't think he's worth another microsecond of your thought and worry.

• Forget about him, it's his loss. There must have been a big fight or argument you had with him prior to this wasn't there? If so, then shit has already happened, time to embrace being single again and do the things you'd like to do and want to do as a single lady and pull yourself together before going back into the dating scene. All you have to do is be willing to just let it go.

• Sorry that happened. What helped me when I got screwed over a few years back was realizing that she wasn't the person I thought she was, the person I had feelings for wouldn't do that, that made her less of a person so I didn't feel as bad getting dumped because I had a lucky escape and I've found someone better now. You'll be fine, just take some time to yourself for now.

• He was jealous of your GaG username! XD
    Haha nah. Sorry this happen hun😕 he sounds like a total duchebag with no manners and doesn't know how to be an adult. This was a good thing. can't be with a man who can't do the tough things he should do right? Not much of a man at all.
    You'll find other dudes to date! 😊

• oh sorry dear, I can completely understand where you are coming from
    It's not fair when people decide to keep their emotions a secret and then all of a sudden drop a bomb like it's nothing, but it is something because you had no idea something was up until today

It does hurt to lose someone you genuinely like... but I can promise you that you will forget and feel better... it will just take some time poopsy

• hmm common , its upsetting but you need to get over him... next time choose someone who worth your trust... and right now the best option is to move on ( at least try to... I know the pain ) ...

• because he is a coward

• ouch. that's not cool. but it could be worse.
    just move on, maybe kick him in the nuts if you seem him again? lol jk

• He played you.

• sorry about that one. dont worry, you'll be over it and find someone better

• Some people are like this

• how old is he?

• Its amazing to see that women still don't understand what feminism has done to women. There was a time i would take the side of a women... but this time i enjoy seeing women suffer in relationships. You girls took away our manhood with this feminist bull crap... now suffer the after effects. I'm going to love seeing single women.

• who knows.. maybe just to make sure there's no way of you wanting to get back with him

• Really I could do it way crueler

• fuck him, get another boyfriend

• Its easier for him that way, probably

What Girls Said 4

• I know its hard, but try not to take it personally. He was being a coward. That is the reason he couldn't do it in person.
    Be proud that you took that step to trust again. It doesn't mean it was wrong to do so, just the wrong person. It will take some time but you will grow from this and be a better person for it.

• Yes there are douches like that out there unfortunately.. Just move on and save yourself for someone who really proves themselves worth your time and effort.

• He is an idiot and a coward.

• My ex did something similar to me, we had a fight and the next day he went for holidays with his family. Then he ignored me after he came back so I assumed that we broke up.

• he's an asshole