Guys, is it true that you never get over the first girl you really love?

No matter how horrible she may have been to you?

My reason for asking this is because I was dumped for a first love, who treated the guy horribly (so he's told me). I know this is not the guy for me and that I should be thankful, but he was seeing her behind my back and admitted to trying to use me to get over her when he broke up with me (because he said I have the traits that he was looking for that she apparently lacked).

I'm no longer speaking to him rest assured nor am I angry at the ex (I'm pissed at him) however, now I'm paranoid about ex girlfriends and now every time I like a guy I'm afraid that he's either not over an ex or he's seeing me and someone else. My dream for as long as I can remember has been to settle down and marry but now that I'm thirty three years old I'm wondering if it's even possible. The ex is the same age as me so I know my age is not the culprit in this case.

I guess I want to know if it's even possible to get over this paranoia and learn to trust again and if I should give up on the dream of marriage?
9
0