Can someone start to regret and begin to grieve a break up after many many months or a year/years?

We had a fairytale of 1,5 years, we were so in love with each other and went through so much together. He was so loving and caring. İ was his first love he was my first love. but then i messed up and broke up with him due to my insecurities eventhough i knew i loved him with all my heart. He was devastated but my mind was already made up. Then after a week i couldn't hold on and went back to him, he took me back but we fought a lot and a month later he eventually said he was done and want us to move on after he caught me answering to the messages of some guy. İ kept telling him that i didn't do anything wrong and resisted breaking up telling him i love him and don't want it to end and try harder. He said he believes me but that he can't trust me not leaving him ever again and that he doesn't want to put his energy on us anymore because fundamental trust is broken.

İt's been 4 months post break up and my ex seems totally fine with it. İ reached out to him 3 times during this period to make it clear that i want us back, he said he was fine with his decision but maybe down the road fate will bring us back together. İs there a chance he will ever regret his decision? He was so in love with me and so proud of our relationship, thats why i still can't believe how he isn't at least sad and started already dating a new girl. Didn't i mean anything to him?
5
0