He tells me he loves me and then dumps me the following day. What happen?

This is a new relationship, even though we've known each other for the past few years because we worked together. He's had a crush on me for almost two years and recently decided to give it a try because we were in good places in our lives. We've only been officially dating for a month and a half. A week into dating, he told me he wanted to be my boyfriend. We constantly made remarks that we were perfect for one another. However, he was very insecure in our relationship. He always would say things how I'm too cool, too perfect, too beautiful. He was actually so insecure that he had problems staying hard the first few times we were sexual together. He was always worried he was going to "F something up". I fell for him hard.

Here's where it ended -- one day last week, he told me he loved me... that he's scared to love me, but he will regardless. He joked that he was obsessed with me and couldn't leave me alone if he tried. He also said he was "absolutely head over heels". Then the following day, he says he needs to be alone right now, it's moved too fast, that he's a terrible boyfriend and it will all come down on me in the end... that I could do better. He has not spoken to me since. He blows off any text I throw his way. And I'm left here wondering what happened.

So last night, I sent him a text saying that I'm going to leave him alone, that I got the message. I told him that I was removing him from my social media not to be dramatic, but because I need to move on. I also said that I felt like we were making a giant mistake.

I guess my question is -- WHAT HAPPENED? Where do I go from here? And is there a chance he'll come around again? I'm so lost.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• move on he went his way you do the same. by the way he sure was a lucky fellow.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a guy tell me he liked me and wanted to date me then a day later stop talking to me I was crushed because I liked him for months before all things and all I could think was what did I do wrong? then three months goes by and he finally talks to me he said he was scared and didn't want to hurt me but in the end he did I forgave him because I honestly couldn't get him out of my head and now we have been dating for two months now. (So maybe he is just scared try talking to him that's what I did)

What Guys Said 3

• Two things...
    1. He's so weak he can't even manage his life. Consider this isn't really what you want anyway. It's his problem, not yours, so don't lose any sleep over it or worrying about it.
    2. If you like your job don't date anyone that works there. If you can get a new one or don't care, then carry on. Just know that when it all blows up, and it will, one or both of you will be looking for a new job.

NEXT! :)

• He clearly has issues that you don't need to drag your own life down with. You should immediately go out and find as many new guys to have sex with you as possible. You will forget all about the loser.

• baby I feel sorry for you but that's a man's way of doing shit maybe he got what he wanted in his scared as hell of it

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!