My ex wants to get back together but I dont. He won't let this go till we are back together again.

We dated for more than a year and the first time he cheated on me was about a month or so into our relationship. I still took him back regardless..maybe it was wrong of me but I did then. Earlier this year we broke up because he wasn't sure how he was feeling and I mean months after that we still hung out because we still loved each other. I went overseas in February and I told him that if he met someone t hat he tell me. Towards the last week of my trip I told him that I loved it there so much that I wanted to live there (it was a clear exaggeration) but he took it the wrong way and went and hooked up. Now I know you don't consider that cheating but he knew how we felt about each other. So I thought it would've meant something considering he promised he wouldn't do anything. Well when I got back he told me what happened and we haven't gone back together since. However, since he has told me what had happened he has been wanting to get back together but I don't. He's been trying to convince me everyday since the day he's told me. But it hurts too much now and I don't deserve this kind of treatment. It's like he is trying to control me. He goes to the same college as me and is in most of my classes. He said he's not going to stop till we are back together again. I still love him but I want to get over him so I can move on. What do I do if he doesn't accept or respect my decisions?
4
4