Over three years later, and I am STILL in love with my former best friend. . ?

I became friends with benefits with my former best friend of ten years. He and I actually lived together for close to a year, but I chose to move across the country to pursue educational endeavors. I fell in love with him, but I refused to beg for a commitment. Well, he seemed to not care about me as much after I relocated, so I shared with him how much it bothered me. He showed very little concern so I moved on with my life. It's been​ a little over three years, and I'm still in love with him. I've tried everything in power to not think about him, but the love is the same. I tried to reach out to him last year, but he completely rejected me. I am no longer wanting him back, but I am needing some advice about​ how to let it go. He seems to have moved on and it also seems like it never devastated him the way that it did me and my family. Who here has been through anything similar? How did you cope?
1
1