Should I talk to my recent ex-boyfriend about being friends?

My ex broke up with me a little over a month ago, however he told me that he still had feelings for me. We're both enduring a very stressful time right now, and the stress became too much. We both agreed to be friends, except it hasn't felt like we're friends for a while now. The first few weeks after the break up we'd occasionally catch each others eye and acknowledge the others presence or exchange small talk. I thought it was going well for a while, then one day I was overcome with emotions when I bumped into him, so instead of saying hey I just looked down and walked past him. It was automatic and I regretted it the second I looked away, and since then the acknowledgement has lessened as well as the small talk. I want to talk to him about this and just let him know what happened that day, but I also want to ask him why he stopped acknowledging me. I have since then attempted to catch his eye, but I'm ignored. I don't want to come up to him one day and demand answers, because that would make me look like desperate. But the effect this whole ordeal is having on me is also affecting my everyday life, and I need to sort it out before it consumes me. Should I approach him or should I just leave him to his own devices?

12

What Guys Said 2

• You will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it

• I think its bad to stay friends with exs till way after the relationship is over then you can start again but its never the same... the innocence of the relationship died

What Girls Said 1