I want my ex back we live together with our 1 year old son?

My ex and I broke up last week and last night I tried to do something romantic and it backfired. We got into a huge argument. He explained to me that he needed to put himself first because he'll put others problems before his (which is true) however I completely heartbroken. What do I do from here?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• give him some space and be supportive

What Guys Said 2

• Focus on you and your kid. Bout all you can do.

• I don't know. after I've broke it off with someone its very hard to change my mind unless they completely just broke down emotionally

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!