Has anyone gotten back with an ex and made it work?

My ex and i started taking again recently and though he's not ready to be back together right now he's open to it.
if you or someone you know made it work with an ex, what did you do to make it work?
we were together 2 years, split now for 7 months. we had a great relationship but when i wanted more, instead of saying he wasn't ready he left. come to find out he says its because his ex fiance (son's mom) left him so abruptly after 8 years and he assumed i would do the same.

please no negative responses... im well aware of the ex is an ex for a reason.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because he is your ex doesn't mean that you can no longer be together. Obviously something broke you up but something made you two want to be with each other in the first place. If you want to be together, go for it! Don't let a title depict who you can and cannot love

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I haven't and I have never heard of it working out either. People get locked into the same patterns and then never escape. I think you had best steer clear.

What Guys Said 4

• i haven't gotten back together with my ex, but my friends have, they said "they love each other and want to restart", its really your choice

• I did, once. We ended up getting married but that too ended in disappointment. Not to say that is a universal rule because opening communication to what ended the relationship in the first place can help make the new one better.

• No. I want to take step forwards in life and use my time wisely. Not take two steps back.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes only kinky things for us