Should I accept her apology? Does she have regrets?

A girl at my job thats liked me for a while kissed me the other day and admitted to liking me for a long time. her boyfriend has been weary of our friendship for since we met, always accusing her of liking me which was true. When she kissed me I had told her this isn't right she has a boyfriend. but I gave into and kissed her back.

The next day she breakups with him and tell me she wants to be with me. I respond by saying that im not sure if us getting together after she breaks up with him is a good idea right now and we need some space and to take things slow. she wouldn't listen she said she has a good feeling about me. We went out 3 times that week had a great time. she called it the best week of her life.

I go to work the next morning and she's tell me she admitted to her ex she kissed me and everything else that happened that week.. saying she's sorry for the whole mess, thats she's a whore, and he deserved to know.

Before my shift starts a few days ago she comes up to me apologizing and all I could do is look at her with digust and walk away.

She was my best friend. Like I know I wasn't used to make him jealous.. but I just dont know what I did wrong.. or why she went back to him. she does crave attention and the night before she told her ex about us I didn't respond to her messages the last text she sent was I love you and I wake up the next morning to one saying I told him about us. like she isn't a bad person but the way she was acting the past 3 weeks is the complete opposite of how she normally is. this is petty but I didn't care much for their relationship at first but not that I feel like I was used I kinda want it to fail heh.

also its not like im attractive or anything. she's the only person from day one thats said I was cute. I never understood it but if she told me that on day one.
No im not selling myself short, im like 310.
her boyfriend is a pretty good looking guy too.
thank you guys for all the input!! I guess the real reason Im asking this is because I work with her. I've been in some relationships with coworkers at my old jobs. But they never started or ended like this before.
and the other day I saw her she looked miserable. Coworkers used to say she lights up whenever I walk by. I dont see that anymore.

Anyway its just a little uncomfortable.

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether you accept her apology or not is not going to change anything, as in her leave her boyfriend for you. Nor will it magically fix your bitterness at having been rejected, regardless of whether it was from a girl who cheated on her s/o with you or not.

I don't see anything that she said/did that might imply she has regrets.

• Im not really worried about getting back with her. I am a little bitter though. I would type the entire story but there's a 2k character limit heh. we were just really close and it sucks to lose a friend. but I dont think we can ever go back to being friends mainly cause her boyfriends knows and I dont think I can shake off the way I got rejected. I didn't even get a heads up from her she was going to tell him. thank you!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm you didn't specify but apparently she offically got back with her boyfriend after kissing you and spending the week with you right?
    If thats true you dodged a bullet my guy, she probably got in an argument with her boyfriend and wanted some time "for herself" (i. e. with another guy, who happened to be you).
    She sounds crazy, and she will probably leave her boyfriend again in some time.
    If that happens and she flirts with you again beware not to fall in the "first person to tell ne im cute" trap, dont get too attached to her (not saying you shouldn't bang her if you have the occasion lol).
    She seems like a mess emotionally wise

What Girls Said 4

• Accepting an apology isn't going to matter. She doesn't sound like a good person, and is extremely immature and petty to play with people's emotions instead of taking the time to sort out her own.

I'd wish her good luck and keep any kind of interaction professional for the sake of your job but steer clear other than that

• you rejected her and so she dealt with the hurt and went back to someone who cared. Don't justify you're being used because you don't want to admit you fucked up and let her go.

• huh? I didn't reject her. I just said things were moving too fast. she even said she just got out of a relationship and she needs time to move on. at first she agreed with me about giving each other some space but everytime we tried she just wouldn't let it go. So I said as long as she sure about this we can try.

• Your gut won't ever lead you wrong if you listen to it.

• used u, that's it

What Guys Said 3

• She doesn't sound very mature. Even if she and the other guy did call it quits, could you really get serious with her knowing what you do now about her behavior?

Since she's a co-worker, I guess you could accept an apology to be polite. But so far as any advances or attempts to be flirty, I would tell her to keep it at bay.

• No...

• Girls can be players too.