Girls, He left me and it hurts, what can I do to numb the pain?

It's been almost a year since the man I loved so much left me-I never saw him again and I see things that remind me of him everyday and it brings back the memories him and I used to have which makes me hurt so bad. I've tried to move on with other men but he's on my mind and I feel that's what's stopping me from loving new men, what can I do to stop this hurting knowing I'll never see him again?

*everyone can answer this question not just girls

42

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a girl but I drink to relieve emotional pain tbh

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope it doesn't take a year im every case. my ex also broke up with me three weeks ago. I was devastated. try to do what I did. it worked for me. I think of the hurt and pain I felt when he broke up with me and how greatly I suffered. I took that and turned it into pure hatred. and in just a week and a half I felt 75% better. now I feel like I have done a crazy good job feeling this better in just 10 days. it still hurts me sometimes. like today, I saw his name on a social media post where he commented on a meme that he'll always stay single and he doesn't want any new girlfriend. made me feel a bit relaxed but it brought back everything that happened and I spent the day mourning. but now im good to go again. so try this.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Take a break from dating and focus on yourself, and maybe cultivate your friendships. Don't force yourself to forget, try to reach an acceptance instead

• focus on yourself and being okay with being single

• pray baby girl