(Post-Breakup) What does he mean?

Ex broke up with me 8 months ago saying that he wanted to be alone and not be in a relationship for another few more years. I broke the no contact rule and he automatically tells me that he met someone, but is not in a relationship. He still said that he likes being alone even though he mean someone who is just like him.

Is this a common breakup line that most guys use? Can you help me understand how he can still enjoy being alone even though he "met" someone?

(He wanted the breakup. The day I packed up my stuff and had to leave he was bawling. He would leave voicemails saying how he loved me when he was drunk. However, this stopped completely after 4 months post breakup.)

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

What Guys Said 3

• maybe he truly wants to be alone.

lots of guys say that but their is a few who truly want self peace

• I think he's just looking for a booty call or not tie down to one girl so he can take any girl home I wouldn't worry when his luck runs out hell come crawling back to you. when he finds himself all alone hell regret it

• In my opinion, that means he don't want to think about having a relationship at the moment.

What Girls Said 0