What would you do in this situation? ?

My long time ex got back together with his girlfriend who he was with before me, a couple months after we broke up. I sent him a long text pretty much saying I didn't want to be with him anymore when I decided we should break up. It was just one big goodbye basically. He never responded. I ended up unfollowing him for a little while on Instagram and I blocked then unblocked him so he wouldn't be following me. He somehow noticed and then asked me about it. We kind of talked about why we broke up. We came to an agreement that we could still be friends. I just assumed we were done talking after that.

But every few weeks since, he tries to start up a conversation with me. He'll like a lot of my insta posts too. And he's even asked to hang out (just him & I) on 2 separate occasions. This is all while he's still in a relationship. I just want to know if his intentions are pure, or if I should be cautious?

*insight into why we broke up: he just stopped texting me and asking me to hangout. He says it was because he was busy, which I believe, but that doesn't mean you have to stop communicating with me.
What would you do in this situation? ?
1
1