My Best Friend Won Her Ex-Husbands Dog In Court, Do You Think That's Wrong?

My best friend married to this guy for 3 years (they dated for 2 years before marriage). They ended up getting divorced.

He had the dog since the dog was a puppy, the dog is 8 years old. The Dog is originally His. When they got married the guy made her the legal owner of the dog also since she needed the ownership to take him to vet appointments since she spent more time at home and he worked more. When they divorced the court settlement ended up siding with the woman and the dog went over to her. The guy got really mad and upset and is trying to take her to court again to have the dog go home with him instead but she'll keep fighting that battle. And he recently last week got arrested because he showed up to her house and was threatening to kick her ass and to give his dog back and the cops showed up and took him away.

I honestly got mad and upset at my friend at how she could be that way but my friend tells me that it's her right to stay with the dog since she takes care of him and takes him to the vet while her Boyfriend works and that she's already bonded with the dog. Anyways I'm not even sure why the court let her stay with the dog, but apparently they thought she would be better for the dog.

How is this fair legally and morally? Am I right to be upset with my friend? Sorry I'm bad at explaining things

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right. This is really bad. This is the reason why we need more strict and unbiased courts for divorce settlements.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just weird... I would be worried though, like maybe she just fought to win the dog over and maybe poison him later or something stupid like that.

What Guys Said 3

• What a bitch...

• This is what normally happens in divorces... the men get fucked over 99% of the time and get all their things taken away while still paying child support or such..

• your friend is just being bitch, he took care of the dog before she came into his life and he should be the one who gets the dog. your friend is acting like an asshole.

What Girls Said 1

• she's a mean person getting revenge, buy the guy a new puppy