My ex talks to me about his new girl and compares her to me?

My ex & I dated pretty much all of our 3rd years and broke up 6 months ago at the beginning of our 4th years about 6 months ago. While we're friendly I wouldn't call us the best of friends. He messaged me recently and said he wanted to hang out and catch up. We hung out once before a couple months ago so I didn't think much of it.
But when we met up, he started telling me how he misses 3rd year and, for some reason, it was better and more fun than this year. So we talked about our years for a while, but I could tell something was wrong so I asked if he were ok. And he told me about this girl he likes. She's someone I'm friendly with and we also went to the same high school. It wasn't a surprise because I know this boy and I sort of picked up on it months ago.
Anyway, she doesn't like him back, and she told him that she values their friendship and doesn't want to lose him as a friend. This triggered him and reminded him of me because I said the exact same thing when we broke up. And she'd reply to group messages but not his personal messages, which also reminded him of me because I also used to do that to him sometimes.
WHY would anyone hit up their ex girlfriend to talk about some new girl AND compare them? Am I wrong for thinking this is inappropriate?

03

What Guys Said 3

• He's lonely it sounds like, and doesn't have many other to go to. Just say it's inappropriate if you don't want to talk about it.

• Do not talk to your ex!

I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

What Girls Said 0