Will a reconciliation still be possible if I broke up with my ex-boyfriend unexpectedly?

I broke up with my ex 5 days ago. I've been bottling up all my feelings and when he did something wrong I just bursted and broke up with him unexpectedly.

My ex suffers from apathy every now and then. He has a lot of problems right now and all I can do is be patient and understanding. His mother is very manipulative towards him. She always blames him whenever something bad happens in their family. Just like when his dad had a mild stroke, and his mother told him that it's his fault. His relationship with his family is not good right now. On top of that, his company is also on the verge of bankruptcy. He sacrifices half of his salary just for the company to have funds.

This has been going on for almost 2 months. And I've been really patient, understanding, and supportive. There were times that I felt unreciprocated, ignored and uncared for. But I know he has just so much going on in his life so I didn't demand things from him. It has me grow tired. I'm exhausted from all the stresses and emotional rollercoaster I'm getting from him. I felt guilty and bad when I broke up with him the exact time his dad had stroke but I felt like I gotta do that. So I did. For the longest time, he has asked me not to leave his side and asked for my support (which I all gave him). But when I broke up with he told me he's now letting me go because he loves me so much and doesn't want me to be involved in his life mess anymore. He told me "I love you so much" during the breakup, but I didn't say it back and left. I felt really bad.

5 days later, he suddenly messaged me a job hiring post because I've been looking for a job. I said a casual thanks, and he didn't reply.

Is there still a possibility of us being together?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• nope.. if I was him... if will be never to see your face... again... he is a fool to. ... accept you back...

• Why? I was a good girlfriend to him.

• I truly loved him. I just had enough from the emotional rollercoaster. I'm not perfect and I do wrong things sometimes. I never demanded things from him because I want him to focus on himself and his issues. I never asked for his time, money, etc. For the past months I was nothing but selfless. It was me who had always has his back. So why am I the bad guy when all I did was put myself first? It hurts me a lot to think that he might be thinking the same way as you guys. I'm scared that he might not take me back anymore..

• do you want him back? I'd so better be late then never... say it and he might still love you enough to forgive you... this love stuff has lots of power... so it might give him power to forgive you...

Most Helpful Girl

• wow , I know you got angry but you did a wrong thing and he's nice to you but I think he'll never trust you again necause you left him in the time he needed you the most and getting back together doesn't work when this kind of stuff happens. I did the same twp years ago I didn't break up with him but I fought with him because he was in so much mess he didn't text me or cared for me. I got selfish and he fought with me and broke up with me. but two months later I apologized to him and everything got great again. but we had this phase of awkwardness that just didn't end. so now a feww weeks ago he broke up with me again. and again because of depression and his family pressure and in all that he just thought I was expecting too much from him. its all messy. I don't know what to tell you

• It sucks that we're experiencing this kind of situation. :( I know, I was wrong to leave him when he needed me. But I did not regret it. Everytime I get mad at him for a valid reason I just get ignored. Our previous breakups were his initiations (also due to me getting mad at him, so it's sort of kinda getting toxic cos everytime we fight he's initial resort is BU).

Our breakup was like a breather for me, to recharge. Because I was really at my limit and I couldn't take it anymore. Now that I have recharged, I am ready again to be at his back. I know he still loves me, but I don't know if he'll take me back.. What do you think should I do? He's the kind of guy who'll get really really busy to mask his pain so he doesn't have time to think about it.

What Guys Said 2

• you won't know unless you meet for a coffee and talk honestly with each other Things happen for a reason. Maybe a break has done you both good

• Not only no but fuck no. You'd think you'd learn people don't change

• What do you mean?

• I disagree. Succesful couples experience a lot of ups and downs. Some couples even breakup for a long period of time and get back together and get married. You can't generalize all couples based on one case and experience. That is why I stated my reasons of our break up, so that people can help me figure things out based on our unique experience.

• You're so wrong. You make it sound like reconciliation is the norm when in reality it's exceptionally rare. Have fun with that

What Girls Said 1

• Is there a chance? That's an odd question considering you're the one who broke it off. I'm sure you could take him back but is that really what you want?