Getting over a horrid relationship?

Last summer I was in a relationship with a guy. It started off great, we were happy. He began abusing me, physically and sexually later on:'( I'm terrified to date again and I just honestly can't see men the same way anymore.. I need help.. What can I do to try and forget about what happened, and what if I never find someone who is different? Men are usually just all the same

215

Most Helpful Guy

• that relationship isn't your fault and I'm sure you didn't know about what was going to happen... so don't blame yourself for what happened and thank God this relationship is over.

this is not a good time to look for a new relationship or men... you better start to build you self-confidence to create a good relationship with yourself before committing to any other relationship... cuz If you knew your points of strength and points of weaknesses well your confidence won’t be shaken when you start saying No to the wrong guy or relationship.

take a break and spend more time with people who make you smile for nothing.

Good luck...

• Thank you, I will try to build my confidence. I am currently speaking to a therapist and trying to spend as much time with family and friends as possible.

• don't worry, It's a matter of time and everything's going to be okay.😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you had to go through that- it must have been difficult to endure and get out of. you definitely need to speak to someone that you trust about it-you are not alone in dealing with this. therapy helps a great deal in processing your feelings and understanding yourself. Don't worry about dating for now. Just focus on healing and building yourself back up. I think you are already a strong person for stepping away from someone like that. There are as many different types of men as there are women. Your experience with this person is not a reflection of every guy out there but was a lesson of what to avoid with the next one.

• Thank you, therapy is helping me a lot at this moment. I am still in the process of getting over it. I am spending a lot of time with my friends and family. I won't worry about dating, men suck

What Guys Said 14

• Just know that it wasn't your fault. What's happening now is perfectly natural but don't distance yourself from everyone. Sometimes it seems and even works but at other times, you'll just realize you're at a certain age with no one who's by your side. Keep your friends close. Even if its just one person, tell that friend everything and be completely honest with at least one person. There are a lot of people who prefer a good friend than a sexual partner.

• I know this sounds not fun but don't ever forget what happened so you don't end up in a similar situation again. You will find someone different! It will take some time though. Most guys won't abuse you at all. But if you have issues you may want to go to a woman's shelter and talk to those who've delt with similar situations and learn from them how they moved on.

• I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like it had a profound effect on you. I think you should consider talking to a therapist or finding a support group for survivors of domestic violence.

• Men aren't all the same. I know you're hurtbut you can find someone better. Maybe you should take some time to yourself, or talk to a therapist about it.

• I am currently seeing a therapist. It is helping somewhat but it is hard to think of men positively anymore. They all just want one thing :(

• I know girls can be just as bad, I've just had a terrible experience with a guy and it is so hard for me to accept that they are all different. Part of me can maybe understand, but I just feel like there is no hope. Men really suck

• You just got unlucky and found a guy who turned out to be an asshole, most of us aren't like him.

• I, too, am sorry that you were in an abusive relationship. I believe one thing that will help you is to forgive your ex boyfriend. I am not suggesting that you go back to him. I am suggesting that you let go of the hurt and anger and find a way to see him as a fellow human being who may change someday.

• Maybe one day but not now.. I just don't want anything to do with him, I don't care if he changes or not. I just would hope he does so that he can't hurt anyone else

• I agree that you shouldn't have anything to do with him.

• All men are not the same, just like all people are not. Try a therapist, and just take it slow on the lovefront.

• Take some time to rest

• Men are not all the same. Im not an abuser. You need to get professional help. Did you have him arrested? If not, you're blowing a chance to help speed the process of regaining control of your life. This is a continuous & hard working process.

• You need help. Dont worry we aren't all the same. Our oersonalities are even more different than our looks could be

• Men are not all the same you meet one bad guy... move on and buy a tazer or pepper spray or get a pistol permit problem solved

• If your relationship was horrid me be so sorry that BOOOOOOO (i'm barfin—BOOOOOOOOOOAJEIRHHRGIGLEA. DUDE man GAG jsut needs to ban my AAAAASs

• You have to build your self back up and love you're self and need to remember not all guys are the same add me on snapchat if you want its nathan. new

• The fact that you're anonymous I'm just going to say; Bulllshiiiiitt

• Well honey, I was physically abused (moved out) by my parents and I know the pain, but that just goes to show not all men are the same. I'd never lay my hands on my SO or children.

What Girls Said 1

• you need someone to talk to.. it was a traumatic experience for you... next time.. take your time while looking for a SO