What's the right way to tell a guy that I want to break up?

he loves me but I dont feel that chemistry between us anymore maybe I changed. I want to break up with him but still dont want to hurt his feelings

Most Helpful Guy

• tell him on his face right now! Rather than killing u r self I suggest u to go & tell him on his face!

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him your not interested the way you once were because you have changed as a person. Break ups hurt just be honest. If your not attacking him personally but making it more about the changes in you, it should be less hurtful. You can't stay with somebody you no longer feel that connection with that's not fair to either of you. Sometimes people change and it's beyond anyone's control. Don't go back and forth or feel guilty or drag it out that will just hurt him more. Be honest.

What Guys Said 19

• talk to him in person or on the phone. Don't text. every woman that has broken up with me has done it via text, even at my age and that is just cowardly. Answer all the questions he has the best you can. Be truthful no matter what. It does not help to lie just to save his feelings as it will cause confusion when he is thinking about it later and the lie contradicts other things you might have said to him. Don't give him the typical woman "we can be friends" bullshit. men and women are not friends. and when a guy has dated, and esp if he has had sex with you, he doesn't want to be friends.

• how they break up over text? give examples

• I thought about texting at first but then had the same thought as yours I also did what you said tho he criticized me of never loving him :( but are you sure that we shouldn't be friends would that be better?

• There is no "right way". That's gonna hurt no matter what. But the more you, wait, the more it will hurt.

• It would hurt him. So be direct and honest. It may reduce her pain.

Or by offering ice cream. Lol

• I think you've already said it yourself nicely. Talk to him in person and say what you've posted here as your question

• It's called 'hypergamy'.
    Just tell him 'it's over'. No explanations, no blaming, no accusations. Walk away and don't keep in contact. Just shut it down.
    Better to break him this way than string him along for years and then cheat or bail.

Oh, and if you don't want to be with him don't worry about his 'feelings'. He'll get over it. You've already stomped them.

• I would have never cheated on him it's not something for me to put in my possibilities I told him already and he feels so sad I don't know what to do I feel so guilty

• Who said anything about cheating?
      If you want out then get out. It's pointless to try to keep something going that you're not into 100%. Do both of you a favor and move on. Nobody wants to be with someone that doesn't love and respect them, put them before all others. Y'all are very young and there will be many more. Date a LOT. Just don't have sex with them all. :)

• okay thxx a lot 😊

• I think u should sit down and tell him in person and whatever you do don't do it by text if u dont want to hurt him

• Tell him it will hurt for a little time If you two will break up but if you 2 will stay together it will hurt more and for longer. and it won't be good for him or you.

• Why have you fallen out of love with him? You're doing the right thing by the way

• bc when I feel sad or when I have a problem he acts sadder and says that he's worse (though nothing is new in his life but whatever) like it's kinda a competition or sm and he never stood by me while I was always there for him he makes me feel more sad instead of giving me hope and I'm a supportive and positive person so I can't go on like that

• What other drugs? What the hell is the blue whale challenge?

• it's a challenge that make you suicide after 50days of playing the game it includes (cutting, watching scary videos, facing your biggest fears, standing somewhere very high etc) I don't know what are the names of the other drugs bc I knew he was caught by the neighborhood for the noise

• no matter how u do it or what u say if he still loves u hel be uset and hurt. but its the right thing to do if ur not happy anymore

• The one that gets the point across without misunderstanding

• Say to him "I am breaking up with you."

• Tell him you just need space and don't feel a relationship is the right thing for you right now.

• Be direct. Don't sugarcoat, if he wants to be friends that is good unless you don't. Then don't linger around.

• no matter how soft and careful your words are, it's gonna hurt in the end if the guy loves you, so you can just say what is the truth

• Wait, so what happened

• you go ghosting

• by giving him a bachelor party.. to make him feel he is bachelor again

• it's gonna hurt him a lot no matter how you tell him..

• You are a bitch

• at least I'm not you thanks God

• I hope you never find anyone and also end up with guys who just that cheat on you and dump you after...

• Me too thanks

What Girls Said 3

• "I dont feel that chemistry between us anymore. maybe I changed"
    That seems a fair enough statement to make, in person of course.

• U dont expect to do that without hurting his feelings.. you'll hurt his feelings no matter what you do. So just break up however.

• you just tell him the reason